“A list of new proposals will be voted on by NFL owners at the league’s annual spring meetings next week. The Philadelphia Eagles have submitted four new rule proposals and one new resolution proposal. For now, let’s just focus on that resolution proposal.” I personally think the alternate helmets make sense, some tames just look ridiculous with the same helmet with all their uniforms. Its almost pathetic that they do not match and we call them professional. I feel as  long as the color isn’t neon or mirrored its not gonna have a impact on the game, Its just a jersey! Image result for kelly green eagles

The Eagles’ current alternate uniform is their all-black jersey combination. If this proposal is passed, the Eagles would be allowed to wear black helmets. I personally thing the “murdered” out look is almost and looks super clean. But, helmet color that cant be what the head office is really concerned about right? The real problem is we need our traditional Kelly green back, the staple of the Eagles franchise. I personally love the Kelly green uniform and think it was the best NFL jersey ever made with the traditional wing logo, its just so timeless. Thus has to be why the Eagles are implementing this rule changes right, to get back to the roots, to get back our Kelly green?

I do not think it is that crazy to assume that is what the whole point of this is. No one honestly cares about having matching helmet, if they did they would’ve fixed it years ago when the rule was first put into action. ThImage result for eagles kelly green helmete real reason is we love the Kelly Green and we want it back. The main reason the Eagles haven’t been able to wear the Kelly Green jerseys is because we have to wear the Midnight Green helmets due to NFL safety rules. Like I said before I understand the bright colors and how the sun glares off the jersey and all that but look at college teams have practically a different helmet and jersey each game. I do not here any complaining from their players that it is causing them to be unsafe or that it affects their play, have you?

Image result for kelly green eagles jersey

It’s been a long time since we’ve heard about the potential return of Kelly Green. Back in the summer of 2014,  the organization was considering reviving Kelly Green as an alternate uniform, but as you know it never happened. I know there is no way to guarantee the NFL will accept the Eagles proposal but, at least there is hope. Even if we just get the Kelly Green jerseys back out their for two games a year it would be nice to see the Eagles we all know and love. I would love for it to be switched back to our jersey color full time as our home uniform. Sadly that is unlikely to happen but a man can hope, either way I will be Bleeding Green for the Bird Gang.