This being my last post on this blog potentially for a while I thought we would talk about the future of this team and of the league in the upcoming season. So who are the Eagle’s and what should we expect as fans. Well I can’t tell you exactly what to expect but I can hopefully point us in the right direction.

The NFL officially announced approved rule changes for the 2017 season as voted on by owners at league meetings this week. Here’s a complete list.

Image result for nfl

Approved 2017 Playing Rules Proposals:

2a. By Philadelphia; Prohibits the “leaper” block attempt on field goal and extra point plays.

1. By Competition Committee; Makes permanent the rule that disqualifies a player who is penalized twice in one game for certain types of unsportsmanlike conduct fouls.
  2. By Competition Committee; Changes the spot of the next snap after a touch back resulting from a free kick to the 25-yard line for one year only.
  3. By Competition Committee; gives a receiver running a pass route defenseless player protection.
  4. By Competition Committee; Makes crack back blocks prohibited by a backfield player who is in motion, even if he is not more than two yards outside the tackle when the ball is snapped.
  5. By Competition Committee; Replaces the sideline replay monitor with a hand-held device and authorizes designated members of the Officiating department to make the final decision on replay reviews.
  6. By Competition Committee; makes it Unsportsmanlike Conduct to commit multiple fouls during the same down designed to manipulate the game clock.
  7. By Competition Committee; makes actions to conserve time illegal after the two-minute warning of either half.

So first thing first for the future we have to look at the upcoming draft so if you don’t know we have the 14th pick in the draft, so what are we going to do with it? I can’t tell you exactly who we are going to get but I sure know what we need. We need Corner-backs, Defensive Ends, Running back, and Offensive Lineman. What position or who we will pick all depends on who is there when we pick. I hope we get some help on the defensive side of the ball personally.

Alright so with the draft out of the way and no matter who we end up Image result for wentzpicking where will we land when it counts at the end of the season? I’m not going to sit here and say this year is our year, but I also won’t say it’s impossible.  My expectations is this year is a lot better than last on all sides of the balls. I think with all the weapons we now have on the offensive side of the ball it’s time to see what Wentz can really do and see if all the hype is real. I think it’s going to be a hard year in the division as we are all becoming legitimate contenders this year. That all being say I will always be behind the Birds because no matter what I can’t change the fact I Bleed Green.