I know what you thinking thank God Eagles football is back. I don’t know about you but I was lost last Sunday without my Birds playing all I had was my fantasy team to keep me interested. That being said its okay because now we have 13  straight weeks where we get to see Carson Wentz and the Eagles hold a weekly football clinic out there on the field.

If you not pumped are you even an Eagles fan, especially since we are 3-0 with a rookie quarterback and shockingly amazing defense. Listen I can hear all the haters now saying we beat The Browns and The Bears, yeah yeah but don’t forget we whooped The Steelers who are suppose to be one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL and just encase you forgot they only scored 3 points! That not a typo.

Listen I know that the week four bye is a rough one because now we have constant football every week with no break for rest or injury concerns but its the cards we were dealt. Hell, if you told an Eagles fan that we would be 3-0 with a rookie quarterback coming out of our bye week, there would have been a lot of doubters back then.

This week is gonna be the true test not in the means of competition but seeing how our players play with two weeks rest and all this time to plan. I’m expecting an explosion on both sides of the ball and I expect nothing more then another win pushing us to 4-0. I  want you to keep a look out for our defense to have a field day once again against a struggling Lions team in the running game and allowing us to get our phenomenal pass rush going after Matt Stafford this week.

I also want to introduce you to a new weekly section I will being doing called DeVuono’s Dozen and I will be giving you my top 12 teams in power ranking each week after the weekly games.

My week 5 Rankings are as followed:download

1. New England Patriots, 2. Minnesota Vikings, 3. Philadelphia Eagles, 4. Denver Broncos, 5. Seattle Seahawks, 6. Pittsburgh Steelers, 7. Baltimore Ravens, 8. Green Bay Packers, 9. St.Louis Rams, 10. Atlanta Falcons, 11. Oakland Raiders, 12. New York Giants

I know what your thinking I am an Eagles fan, why are they not first, I’ll  you why new England is 3-1 without Brady and Gronk are you kidding me and Minnesota has a +10 turnover differential I’m sorry but right now their better and listen our defense is playing up to Denver’s level but I get Wentz with the Eagles over now Paxton Lynch so that why they are third and not back at fourth.  The after that Seattle is always gonna be relevant with that defense and Pittsburgh proved last week how dangerous the offense can be and I do not know how but the Ravens seem to always pull out the win. Then the teams kinda fall in from their but the crazy part is the Eagles are third on my list.

This has nothing to do with me being a fan but the fact that you cant deny how they are playing and listen everyone’s opinions differ on power rankings but the truth that remains, is that the Eagles are very relevant right now and after all the speculation about this kid from North Dakota State University has been silence by the clear fact that we are 3-0 with a +6 turnover ratio and Wentz hasn’t coughed the ball up once as a rookie. Its one hell of a time to Bleed Green right now if you ask me.