Christmas: When is it okay!!!!???

Hello!!! This week I wanted to lighten things up a bit and talk about a topic millions of Americans debate: when does it become okay to start celebrating Christmas??? You know what I mean when I say this.

When can the lights go up?

When do I get a tree?

When can I jam out to Xmas music?

Well personally I am super bias. I love Thanksgiving. I think it should get its time to shine and Christmas can chill a bit! Christmas gets so much time. So many songs, movies, and celebrations that it can let Thanksgiving have its time! I know I am not alone on this, but I also know that there are many people against me too. I asked some of my friends what their thoughts were, and got many mixed responses.

When is it okay to start celebrating Christmas festivities?: Right after Halloween. No questions asked

Do you think radio stations and commercials advertise for Christmas too soon or too late?: At the perfect time! Makes the terrible cold weather bearable.

When has your family started decorating for Christmas?: Usually after Thanksgiving sadly. Hopefully sooner this year because I am coming home this week for Thanksgiving break, and I must decorate.

Is Christmas really the best holiday?: YES YES YES. Nothing else compares, you get presents, cookies, and amazing music

When is it okay to start celebrating Christmas festivities?: Week of Christmas. (I know I am weird for this)

Do you think radio stations and commercials advertise for Christmas too soon or too late?: Yes too soon because they get old really quickly. Also, there are only a few truly quality movies and songs. (aka Elf and All I want For Christmas is You – Mariah Carey)

When has your family started decorating for Christmas?: A couple weeks after Thanksgiving usually.

Is Christmas really the best holiday?: Absolutely but it is still celebrated too early. We need time to get excited, but too much makes it an unbearable wait.

When is it okay to start celebrating Christmas festivities?: Hm I guess whenever after Thanksgiving

Do you think radio stations and commercials advertise for Christmas too soon or too late?: Definitely a little too early, but I do the sales are good.

When has your family started decorating for Christmas?: Im Jewish, so never

Is Christmas really the best holiday?: Again, Jewish, so no

When is it okay to start celebrating Christmas festivities?: OCTOBER

Do you think radio stations and commercials advertise for Christmas too soon or too late?: NO NEVER TOO SOON

When has your family started decorating for Christmas?: right around Thanksgiving

Is Christmas really the best holiday?: YESSSSS NOTHING COMPARES

(this person was very excited to talk about it)

Now I know this is a polarizing controversy in America (lol) BUTTT it is something to think about! Christmas and the holidays in general rule. No doubt. But I agree with person two that starting early really is unbearable!! I like to get excited closer to them time so I have a reason to be excited. But now I guess finals week will make me excited to get home for Christmas! Also shout out Hanukkah because it is totally underrated and not given the credit it deserves – 8 days of presents and fun, yes please!!!!

Thank you for reading and Happy Thanksgiving!!! (No Christmas or Hanukkah yet)