After Monday’s class here are some of the things you should be able to do with USA Photomaps:
- Download and install the program.
- Open a new map location.
- Zoom in and out
- Switch between aerial photo and topo map views.
- Change the coordinate system view.
- Download and install DEM’s to display contour lines
- Display contour lines and determine the contour interval.
- Connect a Garmin GPS receiver to the serial port.
- Configure USA Photomaps to connect to a Garmin GPS.
- Connect the receiver and download waypoints.
- Download and display a track (Hansel and Gretel breadcrumb trail)
- Print a map.
- Download and display TIGER Maps road network data.
Is there anything I’ve left out? More to come tomorrow.