RCL 2 Blog #1

For my “This I Believe” topic, one thing I considered writing about was the strength that creating good habits has on your life. I’ve recently struggled over the past few years with many aspects of my life, and I eventually realized that a lot of it could be attributed to the poor habits and routines that I had created throughout the past several years, especially those that formed during the COVID years. I realized that many of the habitual tendencies that I had created were not helping me to work toward any positive goal in my life, and were more holding me back in a negative space. I’ve read a few books on the topic since then, including Atomic HabitsĀ andĀ 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and I think that it has helped me understand the true power and importance of creating these changes in life and our outlook on our actions.

Another topic that I could pursue could be the topic of meditation. Similar to my previous idea, I believe it’s an important habit that more people should integrate into their lives. Many people know about meditating and most people can list several of the benefits of meditation, but it seems that very few people actually follow through with the idea of meditation. I think it’s especially important in our day and age where people are bombarded with sensory overload with how connected everything is on the internet that people take the necessary time out of their day to relax their minds and body to reenergize and refocus themselves.

For my passion blog, I have two main ideas for what I would want to do. First, I think that I could continue with my previous idea of movie review and rhetoric but change certain aspects of how I go about it, such as maybe reviewing different genres like Professor Bodaski suggested for me to do. Another idea I had could be writing about different sports and their cultural and historic value to different groups of people, such as how soccer is perceived around the world, like rugby in England, or cricket in India.

For my civic issues blog, the idea I had could be going into my own opinion on certain divisive political topics I have a strong opinion about as well as research and questions for the audience, such as the idea of legalizing psychedelics and their value medically, or the morality behind either keeping or banning abortion. Another topic I could cover could be recent public controversies in the news and their impact on our culture.