The Human Experience

Hello to all. Since this is the last time I’ll be posting on this blog, I want to revisit my original goal in starting this passion blog. The statement that appears as soon as the site is opened up says that I’m writing my thoughts and and experiences in something that’s like an advice blog. In my initial posts, I wrote about personal experiences and attempted to relate them to those reading my blog. The first time I revealed myself to my friends, developing confidence in myself, taking baby steps out of the comfort zone, the hierarchy system of friends, etc. To be honest, I had a difficult time trying to come up with an idea for a passion blog, and I’d spend nights before the post was due trying to figure out what advice I could use in relation to my very mundane life. Most of these posts came from a random inspiration of things going on around me. And I can’t help but say I’m impressed with myself in coming this far.

My high school focused on the arts and academics. In my junior year, the writing students in that year, me included, had to take a memoir class. And to make a long story short, I spent most of the year talking about a relationship I’ve recently been involved in. And while I was on the giving end of this information, I can imagine how monotonous this sounded. There’s a limit to how much anyone can talk about their girlfriend or boyfriend without sounding like they’re bragging and their life revolves around this one relationship. I’ve mentioned her a few times here as well, but I’ve kept this as professional as I could help.

I want to try and conclude this blog with emphasizing some of the messages of the posts I’ve written.

One common themes I talk about throughout my blog are about friends. Friends have played a significant role in my life and helping me become the person I am today. I hope the few friends I have now will remain in my life as mutual supports, entertainment, and company. One titled “F.R.I.E.N.D.S How Many of Us Have Them” is about  differentiating a long-term friend from a temporary, one semester or as long as I’m in this club, friend. Of course, friendships start somewhere, and there’s no reason it can’t originate in a class or a club. Part of that befriending process, like the start of any relationship, involves some vulnerability,  spending time toogether, and just being genuine in general.

Another thing I encourage is to put yourself first. When putting yourself into any situation, I believe that the individual should come before those involved. The only mind you can comprehend is your own, so don’t spend your time trying to cater to others. Getting to know yourself and knowing what you want to do is important. Having the confidence to stand on your own, whether your friends, family, lovers, are present or on your side or not. It’s difficult to do this and it’s a lot of responsibility, but I think the most successful people know when to stand on their own and when to rely on others.

The last few are somewhat miscellaneous and personal: my coming out story, a somewhat promotion of sex and sex education, and the college blues. I think that these are a few of the blogs I’d say I’m the most proud of because of the clarity of relating myself to the readers, expressing an interest of mine, and a relation point between me and the readers. In any platform where the writer is aiming to establish their credibility, I feel like it works well when including personal things about yourself. That way, instead of sounding like some distant voice, you put yourself on the same level as those reading your work. Though I suppose that doesn’t work everywhere, I really do enjoy it when I see it. 

I had fun writing this blog and it allowed me to me venture outside of topics I’m comfortable and used to. I feel like I learned a lot while writing about this, and hope that it was just as informative for those reading this. I’ll continue trying to understand human issues such as these, and I’d be glad if you enjoyed exploring these topics with me.

One thought on “The Human Experience

• I’m glad you had fun writing this blog! I’ll have to go through and check out some of your other posts because you piqued my interest with a lot of the ones you mentioned. This was a really cool idea for a passion blog and I’m glad you were able to use this blog as a way to express yourself and delve into your own thoughts and experiences while also sharing them with your readers. I really liked this sort of wrap-up post as a way to end your blog. It gave me an overview of all your posts and the purpose you had in mind while writing them. Great post and great blog!