One of the most interesting documentaries I watched recently was ‘The Way I See It’. I found it to be such an interesting documentary because it told the story of Pete Souza, who has been an official White House photographer for numerous presidents. Those presidents include President Reagan and President Obama. As a photographer, Souza had some of the most up close and personal access to life behind the scenes in the White House in comparison to any other staffer. He was able to travel with the president, attend meetings with him, photograph the president with his family, and more.

It was really fascinating to hear the ‘behind the photo story’ of some of the most famous images that have circulated over the past few years that were taken by Souza. Some of these photos represent monumental events in American history, like the final wave goodbye from President Obama at the end of his presidency, and will stay circulating forever. This is true regardless of who the photos are coming from and for what president they represent actually, any photos from behind the scenes life of any president are incredibly interesting. Just in Souza’s case, he decided to pursue telling the story of what life is like in the White House to the extent of publishing multiple books, this documentary, etc. Souza had such unobstructed access to these presidents that it really interestingly showcases the role that press and media can have in some situations. Really a great documentary! You should watch it!