White Collar

For my final passion blog, I picked a show that has been one of the most commonly watched shows in my house for the past couple of years, even though I haven’t kept up with every single episode.  This show is called White Collar, and is yet another crime scene show with an interesting twist.  White Collar follows the FBI through the many cases they solve to keep the country safe.  Like many TV shows, this one has some really well developed characters that a lot of people can relate to, which I think makes the TV show more popular.  The main character, Agent Burke, is one of the senior FBI agents.  He has a whole team of associates who help him solve his crimes both in the field and back at the office.  And his very admirable wife plays a large role in the show and occasionally in the cases.

One of his most unexpected helpers is a man named Neal Caffrey, and ex-conartist.  Neal was chased for a long time by the FBI for stealing art and making counterfeit copies of famous art.  Eventually, they decided to take Neal on to give them a different perspective on their cases.  Neal has a specified amount of time that he needs to work for Agent Burke before he is let go, at which point they will remove his ankle bracelet tracking everywhere he goes.  Agent Burke also has to approve of Neal being set free, otherwise he must return to prison.

white-collar-x
Left to right: Burke, Burke’s wife, Neal, and, Neal’s partner in crime (literally), Mozzie

Throughout the majority of the show, Neal truly makes an effort to change into a better person, but a whole string of events leads him to start making some sketchy choices that Burke is not ok with.  It’s quite interesting to watch how sneaking and smart Neal is when he is both working to help the FBI but secretly working on one of his scandalous projects at the same time.  I definitely think this show goes way beyond what is possible in the real world.  But it’s entertaining nonetheless.  And on the bright side, this one isn’t scary or bloody, so it’s pretty much good for everyone! There are four seasons on Netflix, and like all of the other shows I reviewed, I would definitely suggest this one!

Now, since it’s the last blog of the semester, I must reveal what the chosen favorite is!  It was pretty close, and we had a lot of indecision.  The two favorites are Leverage and New Girl, and I have to say that the overall favorite is…. NEW GIRL!!!  I think we chose this show because it’s very light hearted and super funny.  It’s definitely a nice change of pace from all of the crime shows that we watch at my house!

Well, we’ve finally come to the end of our second semester of blogging! Great job everyone, and I hope you have a fantastic rest of the semester!

2 thoughts on “White Collar

1. This is literally my favorite show! I love all of the action and the quirky characters. I also love the idea that Neil battles his inner criminal self the entire show, yet helps the FBI catch criminals. The relationship between Neil and his FBI handler, Peter, is a great one and I always love watching them. I also love Mozzie, Neil’s crazy criminal friend who has all kind of crazy conspiracy theories. White Collar is a really awesome shows and always keeps me waiting to see more. Great post!

2. You describe this show so well. Although I have not seen it, you gave me a great understanding of what is about and now I definitely want to watch it! Your passion blog has been a pleasure to read and has given me a great source to go to whenever I want to pick out a new TV show to watch. Great job!!!