Goat Hill Overlook

Last week on the wellness day, my mom and I decided to go on two hikes to destress and enjoy the beautiful weather. Today, I will be talking about the easier hike that led to an amazing overlook of the Delaware River.

We went to Goat Hill Overlook, which is also called Washington’s Rock. The overlook was used by George Washington and British General Charles Cornwallis to evaluate the strength of the opposing army back during the Revolutionary War.

Since my mom and I were doing two hikes, we decided to only do the one mile trial to see the best overlook. There are a few other trails that provide other beautiful views of the Delaware River that I would love to go back and hike.

The hike was a very easy half mile up to the top. When we got to the top, it was definitely a rewarding experience. As you can see in the picture above, the view was incredible.

The view is very open which allowed us to see very far out into the horizon. It is hard to see in the image, but from the overlook we could see the narrow bridge we crossed to get to the park. Side note of advice, take a small vehicle to this park because a truck or large vehicle will be very difficult to drive across the bridge.

At the top of the hike there was a sign labeling the hill as seen in the image above, as well as a picnic table. It would be really nice to hike the trial to the table and eat lunch while overlooking the Delaware River.

After taking in the view for a while, we hiked down on the same path as we came up. As I mentioned earlier, there are several trails you can continue on, but we decided to take the same one back down. If I had the chance, I would definitely go back and hike the different trails that are available.

This hike was short and easy, but very rewarding. This was a much need break from the everyday life of a college student. I love hiking outside, especially with my mom and I am excited to go on more hikes in the future.

Make sure to check back next week to hear about the other hike my mom and I went on together!