4 thoughts on “Speech Outline

1. tmk5570

I’m excited to read your rhetorical analysis when it is finished. ISIS has been a hot topic for years now and reading an analysis about the specific propaganda they use will be not only informative, but also interesting. With your concluding remark though, I’m not sure if those that go to join ISIS are lonely as much as they are just curious about ISIS as an organization.

Reply
  2. lzj5150

I absolutely love that your thesis is incorporating American culture into an ISIS analysis. So rarely is it admitted that the elements of rhetoric that attract young people to ISIS are not unique to one culture or even one religion. It guarantees that this will be an interesting introduction to ISIS rhetoric, which has very over-used ideas that are usually used to analyze it. Another piece I want to add is the ending remark is interesting, because you are encouraging a form of counter-rhetoric as a send-off. People do tend to influence others in simple ways like that.

Reply
  3. Lauren Hulmes

Your topic is very interesting and as Lydia pointed out, your incorporation of American culture into your speech is refreshing. As a country, we tend to avoid the importance of understanding not only why ISIS appeals to American males and occasionally females, but also how we as a society should fix it. However, I agree with Tom that I do not believe you are lonely but rather it can be a result of curiosity, the propaganda’s affect on the impressionable, and even the occasional extremist.

Reply