Tyler Rafferty, Alice Stewart Castner, Alison Robinson

1. Architects detail to digital fabrication leads to deception.
  2. Affordable housing’s location is pertinent to its success. ­
  3. From an architectural standpoint, a “poor door” is an efficient solution to separating function in a residential tower.
  4. Demolishing The American Folk Art Museum is a wasteful solution to the expansion of MOMA.
  5. The future of the perpetually abandoned Divine Lorraine Hotel holds the key to North Philadelphia’s revival.

2 thoughts on “Tyler Rafferty, Alice Stewart Castner, Alison Robinson”

1. Hi folks,
    Could you try to post the contents in the blog itself rather than in a Word file? (The intention of the blog is to easily read each others’ work!)
    Thanks,
    Rebecca

2. “Architects detail to digital fabrication leads to deception” I am not sure this statement is worded correctly. Is your point that: The digital fabrication process in architecture design leads to deception ? Deception in terms of what ? the final product ? I would use another term other than deception. I am also unsure what “detail” you are talking about. However, digital fabrication holds a lot of controversy in our profession that is worthy to discuss.

“From an architectural standpoint, a “poor door” is an efficient solution to separating function in a residential tower.” The statement signifies you agree that a poor door is a successful way to separating function in a residential tower. I am not sure how a “poor door” could be categorized under an architecturally successful solution. It might be efficient, however, that does not give it architecture excellency. This also depends on how you view architecture practice and its goals.