Struggling to Eat Right

Almost ending my third week here I have been learning and adjusting to many things. But, one thing I am still struggling to adjust to is the food. When I was home, me and my family ate together every night. Whether it was a home cooked meal or take out, it was something we always did. Also, I always had someone telling me and reminding me to eat all meals. Coming to college was a big change. To start, I do a lot of eating of meals alone, due to the fact that I am so busy or that I am in a rush to get to class or to meet up with people to work on a project. Adjusting to that was hard and still is. I enjoy having company when I am eating and I just need to get used to being independent. Second, my mom or dad is not here to make sure I eat. I skip breakfast everyday, only because I wake up at 1130, and by that time lunch is being served. There have been times where I have chosen to lay in bed an extra ten minutes instead of getting lunch, which I regret about thirty minutes into Professor Nichols’s class, when I realize I should have grabbed at least something for lunch. Lastly, when I do go to the dinning hall I have trouble choosing whats best to eat. Everyday I seem to have the same thing, and the nutritional value of the foods I chose is not very good. I feel like I still definitely need to work on balancing my diet and figuring out what I need to eat to stay healthy and not get sick. I feel this will come in time when I am used to the whole dinning hall concept. Lets hope that is sooner rather then later so I don’t gain the freshman fifteen!

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 11.29.43 PM