Sig Tau Hayride 2015

This week’s post isn’t exactly about being in a sorority, but it is about an event put on by Greek life! Yesterday, I got invited to something called hayride. It is put on every year around this time by some of the frats and is a pretty popular event. Yesterday being such a nice made it an especially good time.

hayrides_delaware

(Source)

Since this is a fraternity event, you have to be invited to go, and I got invited by my sorority sister’s brother (a pledge at Sig Tau), who I had met the weekend earlier. I got to the house around 7:30pm and was told that the bus was going to leave around 9pm. That gave us some time to get to know everyone who lived in the house, the pledges, and the other girls who were going. I got a tour of the house and it was just pretty relaxed.

When the bus arrived we got everyone together and headed out. Before we could get on though, we all had to be patted down by one of the two bus employees (which felt weirdly like going through airport security).

After all of that, we were off! It took us a while to get there and by now it was completely dark outside. When we arrived we didn’t really know where we were other than that we were dropped off at the edge of a cornfield. Being away from the lights and excitement of town was really nice. The sky was clear and you could see the stars really well (we even saw a shooting star)!

We were taken on a wagon full of hay to the middle of the field where we were served hamburgers, hotdogs, and we had the chance to roast marshmallows if we wanted to! Overall it was a nice and relaxing evening that was a good time to get to know some fellow members of greek life.

Hayride

(Source)