I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering in the College of Ag Sciences at Penn State University in University Park, PA. My research group is investigating methods to valorize lignocellulosic biomass. We use synthetic chemistry, materials science, and green engineering principles to enable economically and environmentally sustainable industrial biorefining.
- 2019–Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Penn State University, University Park, PA USA
- 2013–2019: Research Assistant Professor, Center for Renewable Carbon, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN USA
- 2011–2013: Postdoctoral Research Associate, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO USA
- 2010–2011: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN USA
- 2006–2010: PhD student, Department of Chemistry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN USA
- Curriculum vitae
- Dissertation: Sterically Demanding Ligands and Their Effect on the Structure and Reactivity of Main Group Metal Complexes