PAS 1S: Beautiful

Join me, and in this semester you will learn more about tourist attractions in my home country, Brazil. By the end of this series, you will love Brazil as I do, and I am certain that in your next college break your bags will be ready to make a visit! Who loves the nature and likes to post marvelous pictures on their social media. I guarantee the city I am going to depict now is the perfect spot for you!

“Bonito”, translated to beautiful, is one of the main destinations for ecotourism in Brazil. This gem is located in the center-west of Brazil surrounded by forest and flatlands. The city is known to be great destination for those who are looking for outdoors activities, contact with nature, and peaceful isolated place.

Bonito, Mato Grosso do Sul: principais atrações e dicas de viagem

The local tourism agencies incentives the preservation of the region and they recommend that all activities around the city area should be done with the presence of a guide. However, there is a sweet spot throughout the year that is considered the best time to visit: late winter and early spring (September to November) are considered the best time to book your visit. The temperature is perfect, not a dry or flooding season, and the water is more clear during these months.

Flutuação em Bonito, MS - Recanto Ecologico Rio da Prata

Activities can vary from scuba diving to visiting caves. One of my favorite activities was the Silver River Floatation. Before that you will need to take a 30 minute hike until the river source, but I guarantee it is worth it. You are going to snorkel for around 1h 30m in crystal-clear waters, observing the diverse and marvelous fauna. On a few parts the river becomes a rapid, thus providing adrenalin for the junkies. But be aware, in an attempt to preserve the nature, people aren’t allowed to use sunscreen and repellent.

Bonito’s postcard is definitely the Blue Cave. It is a grotto known for its incredibly blue waters. This phenomenon is created by the position of the sunlight when it shines on the cave. Diving become prohibit in order to preserve the place. Although it is considered a quick visit, it is totally worth it.

Bonito Rafting Rio Formoso - Bromelia Travel

These aren’t the only activities that people can do, but tese are the most iconic, so I wanted to depict them better for you. Other activities include: rafting, visiting parks, scuba diving in the mystery lagoon, visiting other river flotations and waterfalls.

5 Cachoeiras em Bonito que você precisa conhecer

It is no wonder that Bonito lives up to its name.

One thought on “PAS 1S: Beautiful

1. I love this passion blog idea and cannot wait to see more throughout the semester! I have very little knowledge of Brazil so I’m very intrigued to learn more!