Item: https://www.history.com/news/how-activists-plotted-the-first-gay-pride-parades

Item Identification:

• This item is an article from History Stories
  • Written by Brynn Holland
  • Published on June 09, 2017
  • Many significant events led up to the planning and organization of this big march, which in turn led to several more marches in the future, continuing today.

Item Annotation:

This article makes a great first item for my archive because it more broadly introduces what the rest of the archive will be discussing in greater detail. In my archive, I’m focusing on the planning, organization, and motivations leading up to the Christopher Street Liberation March, therefore this article harmoniously fits right in. From the very beginning of the uproar to the march itself, this article covers all the events precipitating the march starting with the police raid on the  Stonewall. The inclusion of the photographs in this article also provides a deeper understanding and sense of almost being there at that time in history.

How Activists Plotted the First Gay Pride Parades

One thought on “How Activists Plotted the First Gay Pride Parades

• May 29, 2018 at 3:27 am
    Permalink

Hello Sofia!

This content is actually very interesting because I actually did not know much about the Christopher Street Liberation March myself. I am glad that you were able to essentially “build up” to the actually march by showcasing what events led up to the event and giving us a historical background of the first gay pride parades. I actually did not even know myself that gay pride parades dated back to such a long time period. In the future, I think it may be easier to perhaps hyperlink the archive content for the link, so that it would make it easier for people to access! However, I believe that this content is great, and I am excited to learn more about how the other content pieces lead up to the march!

Reply