Introducing Josie: Horse Riding and Travelling Extraordinaire

This is Josie

(Josie Poses on a tree on Stone Mountain in Georgia)

Josie is a preteen trying to figure out junior high like most kids her age. She does a lot of things like dive, compete in western pleasure, and play the flute, but most importantly she annoys her big sister (ME)!

When asked what her favorite hobby was, she smiled and said, “riding.” Josie has a 12-year-old mare that she rides named Summer; Summer is one of 4 horses that Josie helps care for. Josie said her favorite thing to do is ride Summer bareback. She said riding bareback is her favorite because when she rides bareback, she can feel how her horse is moving without looking, and it allows her to feel like one with the horse.

I asked what it was like have me (her sister) home while still attending college. “Hard” she said, “because you are is still always gone I miss you so much.”  She explained how it can feel like I’m always doing something whether it’s school work, or studying, or finishing chores around the house, “You’re always busy.”  After sitting for a moment, she added, “but it’s ok because sometimes you get to just hang out like now.”  At which point I re-explained I was interviewing her for a class.

She shrugged-so I think she has accepted her fate! Mwhahaha!

Josie has done her fair share of traveling for someone her age. Some of her favorite places that she has visited include London, Ireland, Maine, and Florida.

Josie visited London for three days with her mother and sister to look at colleges. While they did many things like ride the London Eye, visit castles, and ride a double-decker bus Josie says her favorite part of the trip was window shopping on Bond Steet, a surprise excursion in which we didn’t buy anything.

Her stay in Ireland lasted a tad longer, with her visit lasting just over a week. She explained that there were so many things that stood out from the trip, but her favorite had to be visiting the Cliffs of Moore. She told me that the view was like nothing she had ever seen before and she was able to get very close to the edge and look over at the steep drop. 

(Josie and her dad peer over the Cliffs of Moore)

Domestically Josie has enjoyed visiting Florida and going to Disney world. Visiting her cousin on Parris Island for his Marine Corp. graduation. But her absolute favorite place to visit is Maine. Josie lived in Maine until she was five years old.

Josie wishes to go back to Maine soon to see her old friend Olivia, and her former neighbor Abby. She is also curious to see if her old house looks the same since it has been bought.

When given the option to choose how the blog should end, Josie said, “with dinner” as she was setting the table and so without further ado!

Josie’s Top 5 Favorite Food

Chicken Wings

Watermelon

Raspberries

Pasta

Zucchini Bread

So if you ever find yourself trapped in a room, or babysitting this blonde firecracker, you have plenty to talk about, and you can start searching for these foods to get by.

BUT REMEMBER

YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSE TO FEED GREMLINS AFTER MIDNIGHT

2 thoughts on “Introducing Josie: Horse Riding and Travelling Extraordinaire

1. My unusual trip to the UK will always remain in my heart. Having hired a car on the website https://rental24.co.uk/uk I set off on a journey that turned out to be a fascinating adventure. Visiting interesting and not primitive cities of the country, I enjoyed every location that came my way. Every moment of the journey was filled with great pleasure, and each stop left an unforgettable impression, broadening my horizons and strengthening my love of travelling

2. I believe that with the information fnf go you share, it will bring a lot of value to the readers and I hope that they will absorb the good and useful things.