Lesson 12

Investigating social issues, I discover that there are significant differences in the digital environment.

The term “digital divide” refers to the disparities in access to technology, highlighting glaring discrepancies in the availability of digital resources like PCs, smartphones, and Internet connectivity.

Exploring the world of cybercrime, I come across a variety of crimes, such as using malicious software (malware), identity theft, fraud, data breaches, trafficking, and extortion. These crimes include threats of financial gain, illegal transactions, and compromise of personal information.

When someone intentionally uses electronic technology to repeatedly harm or intimidate others, often while hiding their identity, it becomes a prominent issue known as cyberbullying.

I had to do a cyber crime assignment I used the case Jordan DeMay to highlight the case of Cyber bullying sexual extortion. I gave an insight into how scammers operate.

Link to Homework

https://sites.psu.edu/dara/files/2023/12/For-this-write-up-I-want-to-go-with-the-second-option.docx