Monthly Archives: September 2021

Signs of Fall 5: This Year’s Peppers in the Garden!

(Click on this link to listen to an audio version of this blog … Peppers in my garden The plants in my garden back in Pennsylvania used to grow like crazy! The fertility of the soil, the abundance of rain, … Continue reading

Posted in Bill's Notes | 1 Comment

Signs of Fall 4: The Scent of Rain!

(Click on this link to listen to an audio version of this blog … Scent of rain One of the hardest things to get used to about living in Northern Colorado is the astounding infrequency of rain. You can look … Continue reading

Posted in Bill's Notes | Leave a comment

Signs of Fall 3: Russian Olive!

(Click to listen to an audio version of this blog!) …. Russian olive We have done quite a bit of driving since we moved to Greeley a year ago. Greeley seems to be 40 or 50 miles away from almost … Continue reading

Posted in Bill's Notes | 1 Comment

Signs of Fall 2: Cavity Nesting Team (Year Seven)!

Click here to listen to audio ….Cavity Nesting Team Over the past seven years I have written nine articles about the Cavity Nesting Team study up at Harrison Hills Park in northern Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. Each year of this study … Continue reading

Signs of Fall 1: Our Bird Baths and Feeders!

(Click here to listen to an audio version of this blog … Bird Feeders and Bird Baths Five years ago, I wrote about Helen MacDonald’s (the author of H is for Hawk (2014) and Vesper Flights (2020)) January 6, 2016, … Continue reading