JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure

The Japanese stereotypes come to life as we discuss this anime. This anime makes it on the list because of the humorously fleshed-out stereotypes. It is full of characters shouting “NANI” and “NANDATO” every episode. While there are five parts to this anime, I will be discussing my favorite part, which is part 3. It is called “Stardust Crusaders” and made by David Production.

Image result for jojo's bizarre adventure stardust crusaders

Source: Fandom

Setting

This anime takes place in a modern-day setting, nothing too special. The area shifts around from Japan and America to all across Asia. It will all eventually end in Egypt. The specific encounters lead to the heroes being in the ocean, on planes, through deserts, and in cities.

Plot

At the beginning of the arc, Jotaro Kujo got put into jail for getting in a street fight. His mother comes to see him with his grandfather, Joeseph Joestar. The catch is that he brings his friend Avdol that he met in Egypt. This part is where physiological manifestations called “stands” are introduced. Stands have different statistics, including six different attributes. These include destructive power, speed, range, persistence, precision, and development potential. They can be ranked from “A” to “E.”

Related image

Source: Know Your Meme

The two brawl, with Jotaro’s stand being revealed as Star Platinum, who possesses high power. Avdol’s only job was to get Jotaro out of the cell, and when he did, he turned his back on him. When Jotaro returns to school, a student named Kakyoin attacks him with his stand, but Jotaro ends up winning the battle. Jotaro finds something stuck in Kakyoin’s head that is controlling him and pulls it out, returning him to his normal state. Back at home, Jotaro’s mother contracts a sickness caused by Dio, the main villain of the past two parts. His stand is called “The World.” To stop this sickness, they need to travel to Egypt and kill Dio. Dio has planned for this and has sent people with robust stands after the group. After many encounters, the group eventually gets to Egypt with the final battle between Jotaro and Dio.

The Final Battle

Let’s talk about the insanity of Dio’s stand. His stand has the power to stop time for a given amount of seconds, eventually reaching eleven seconds. The epic battle is so fast-paced since the stands can move at speeds faster than the human eye can track.

Image result for star platinum vs the world gif

Source: Giphy

This is my favorite battle since the full potentials of the stands are being used. Jotaro’s stand shouts “Ora” every time he throws a punch and Dio’s shouts “Muda,” which means useless. It is just a bunch of yelling and punching. Not to mention that Dio heals fast since he put on a special mask from part one. Star Platinum gains the ability to stop time as well because his stand and Dio’s are the same type of stand. While Jotaro can only stop time for two seconds at this point, Dio can stop it for eleven.

My Favorite Special Move

By far, Dio’s “Road Roller” move is my favorite from the series. He stops time and starts counting, then summons a steam roller and flattens the enemy. If the steam roller does not kill the enemy on contact, then he proceeds to follow up with a “Muda” barrage, punching it into the target. This happened between Jotaro and Dio when Jotaro attempted to punch the steam roller back at Dio. It was an epic battle of barrages.

Image result for road roller da muda muda muda gif

Source: Tenor

Who Can Watch This Anime?

Anyone who loves fast action and a little bit of gore will love this anime. The brutal beatdowns are bound to keep you entertained for every single episode. The face-smashing never gets old. Watch every episode at crunchyroll.com.

One thought on “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure

1. I always love reading yours because your passion is so apparent. I am usually averse to watching anime, but this review makes me want to check it out, although it is very different from the usual shows I would watch.