JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

Alright, I know I’ve covered this anime’s previous parts, but I think that part 5 deserves its fair share of reviews. This is the latest installment of the anime released in 2018. While the manga is even further ahead, if you want to watch something, this is the latest version. This is published by Shueisha and produced by David Production.

Image result for golden wind

Source: OH!PRESS

Plot

The series is set to take place two years after part four, Diamond is Unbreakable, in Italy, 2001. Giorno Giovanna, who is the son of both Dio Brando and Jonathan Joestar, joins the criminal organization Passione in the hopes of becoming a gangster and taking over the organization in the name of reform. He wants to move up the ranks to improve life in Italy. In episode one, Koichi is scammed out of his luggage by Giorno, who escapes by using his stand, Gold Experience, to make a tree to raise him to safety. This is where he finds out that Giorno is Dio’s son. Giorno then encounters Bruno, who suspects him of harming Luca. Giorno eventually encounters Polpo, another stand user, and is tasked with the job of keeping a lighter lit for 24 hours to show his trust. A lot of encounters like these happen throughout the series, with new stand users being introduced.

The Battles

Image result for muda muda muda giorno gif

Source: Tumblr

Much like the previous parts, the fights involve stands but are animated better. The fights are generally stacked against the protagonists, but the plot armor in the series definitely protects them. My favorite fight is when Giorno encounters Bruno on the train. When Bruno tries to attack him, Giorno summons forth Golden Experience and punches him across the train. The sheer might of his stand represents that he is Dio’s son for sure. Now, is his stand as powerful as The World? Definitely not, but it is still fun to watch. Another one of the battles that I think is worth some recognition is when Koichi and Giorno fight Black Sabbath. This is when we get to Koichi’s Act 3, 3 Freeze technique. He makes Black Sabbath’s hands heavier but is worried that the force will break Giorno’s legs. Luckily, he links his leg to the root of a tree to get free and throws Black Sabbath into the sunlight, his weakness.

My Compliments

I am surprised by the variety of stands that the show gives. You would think that they would run out of ideas eventually, but they keep on managing new ideas. I wouldn’t even have thought that a stand could use zippers to open up portals of nonexistence. I wonder how they come up with these ideas. Do they just sit around at a business table and blurt out random thoughts? We may never know.

Who Will Enjoy This Anime?

I think that this anime does not have a whole lot of gore, but there is definitely blood. I think that this would be suitable for anyone who is not squeamish, but even those who are can look past it. The content will keep you watching for all 39 episodes, so go to Crunchyroll.com right now to watch them all.