Walking in a Winter Wonderland

starbucks in the snow

As most of us have noticed, or more likely complained about, it is freezing outside! I knew that State College weather was supposed to be colder than my hometown’s, but I was not prepared for this. Walking to class in seven-degree weather? Seriously? That sounds crazy to me! As I try to cope with the cold, I turn to Starbucks. Just when I think my fingers are going to fall off, or I am sure that my face is frozen and I will cease being able to make expressions, I wander into Starbucks to thaw. The warmth of the store in addition to the strong coffee aroma is comforting as I stumble out of the frigid State College weather. On days such as these, my favorite drink to order is a café mocha. This drink is the perfect combination of hot chocolate and coffee. It is great for everyone who is not crazy about the taste of coffee just yet.

I find it is the perfect solution to a cold day. Days like these, I find myself craving hot chocolate like my mom would make me after playing in the snow all afternoon, but also desiring a little afternoon pick me up before my final classes of the day. A café mocha is rich and warm on your throat, perfect on ice cold days, and is topped off with a bit of whipped cream. Delicious. For those who do not want to waste the calories on a drink, consider ordering a skinny café mocha. An ideal solution to those in need of something warm with less calories. After spending a few minutes sitting in Starbucks, I am ready to head back out into the cold, drink in hand. Taking a few minutes to myself to get steaming café mocha is the perfect break from the blustery winter weather!

This entry was posted in Passion and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Walking in a Winter Wonderland

1. Great – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related information ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task.

2. There are some interesting closing dates in this article however I don’t know if I see all of them middle to heart. There may be some validity however I’ll take maintain opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well

3. website says:

I’ve read a few just right stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot attempt you set to create one of these great informative site.

4. Otha Mcmurtrie says:

I have recently started a site, the information you offer on this website has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work. “Everyone is responsible and no one is to blame.” by Will Schutz.

5. Wohh exactly what I was looking for, regards for posting.

6. web says:

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself? Plz reply back as I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to know wheere u got this from. thanks

7. Amy Norton says:

This made me want to go out and get some Starbucks. While I’ve always been a fan of mochas, the fact that they can serve as some sort of delicious escape from this frigid weather has just made me love them even more! While I have sort of transitioned into a tea drinker (supposedly it’s healthier or something) I don’t think I can give up on Starbucks treats like this, just yet!

8. Mariam Ahmad says:

1. This picture is absolutely delicious.
    2. Starbucks is just too good for its own good. For the longest time, there wasn’t one in my hometown, but my childhood was still filled with memories of spending time in the cozy, peaceful shop during trips made to Georgia to visit family. I think it’s a great topic for discussion and also a great place to go on days like these.
    3. Just as a side note, I love coffee as much as the next person, but I would be careful drinking it closer to THON. I don’t know how much this rule applies to everyone, but my Morale captain has been drilling it into our heads and I just keep passing it along. Just spreading the THON love. FTK.

9. Sam Kantner says:

I agree with you on turning to coffee on these cold days! I’ve been drinking much more hot chocolate and coffee the past few days. I find it to be the perfect drink to help warm me up after suffering through 5-degree temperatures (not counting the wind chill). Fortunately, this week is supposed to be the coldest of the winter, so it gets better from here (not like it could get much worse…).

10. Colleen Tygh says:

Although I am not a fan of either hot chocolate or coffee, I think it’s great that you have found a way to stay out of the cold! My caffeinated drink of choice is Pepsi or Coke, and they certainly do not help me stay warm like holding a steaming cup of coffee can. I often do wander through the HUB and pass the Starbucks on my way to class, though, because I try to detour out of the cold as much as possible. Maybe I’ll try a new coffee drink next time!