Ideas for I Believe Speech, Civic Blog, and Passion Blog

For the “This I Believe” podcast, I would love to be able to do a podcast on the importance of self advocacy in school and in our everyday life as this is something that I have had to learn through my first semester at PSU. In addition, I have an idea for the podcast where I talk about the the importance of leadership in secondary school curriculum as it is a skill that I think everyone  should have at least some exposure to.

For my passion blog, my first idea is to simply keep it the same general topic as last time, focusing on movies, television, and the entertainment industry as a whole.  But, I also have the idea to focus on a particular show and do an in-depth review an episode each week.

For my civic issues blogs, I think I want to either focus on government officials unethical trading stocks based on non-public information or the growing concern of artificial intelligence undermining academic and workplace integrity.

Read 3 comments

1. I really like your passion blog ideas. They’re really similar to what I’m planning on doing for my own passion blog. Your first civic issue idea is something that I used to be quite passionate about so I might be a bit biased in supporting that idea. However, I also love AI as a former robotics kid back in high school. As for your podcast ideas, I think that it’s great that you’re choosing to do something that many of us could relate to and something that is still quite relevant to us.

2. For the passion blog, I absolutely love the idea of you reviewing an episode of a show each week. I feel like that would be super cool and it would build in some relaxation time for yourself in the week. I think the growing concern of artificial intelligence undermining academic and workplace integrity would be really good for your civic issues blog especially because we are all experiencing it.