Don’t Let Them Disapear

Black Rhinos, Amur Leopards, Sunda Tigers, and many more species are at the brink of extinction. Team “Environmental M.A.R.C.” members dove right into the issue of Endangered species and the loss of biodiversity. One member of the team researched what is the issue? another researched the solutions and consequences and the other two researched the causes and the issues today. After a lot of research it was determined that 99% of threatened species are at risk because of human activities alone and by the early 21st century human beings will become the greatest threat to biodiversity. The main causes are habitat destruction, unsustainable hunting, and the influences of chemical pollution. So what can you do to help this problem? The number one way to help is to become educated on endangered species around your stomping grounds. The next biggest factor to help is to recycle and buy sustainable products, this will help by controlling the amount of pollution around the world. So next time you throw a plastic bottle away just think of the Rhinos, Tigers, and Turtles you are affecting by not recycling.

Collin Hall

April 27th, 2020

Bookmark the permalink.

4 Comments

1. This is really sad to see. I love animals, and whenever a species goes extinct or is on the brink of extinction it is really sad to see. I hope that people and organizations can do things that are right to help. This makes me so sad.

2. It’s upsetting to see theses unique animals that are possibly going into extinction due to the human activities that destroy their habitat leaving them abandoned. I appreciate that there are organizations around the world that are trying to prevent this issue.

3. I’m so glad that your group did some research on species are at the brink of extinction. Our environment are related to all the species around the world. We are responsible for protecting our environment.

4. You did a really good job in this post persuading everyone to think about the affects of their actions, especially with something as simple as throwing away a plastic bottle. It just takes a little bit of research to buy items that are made sustainably and from recycled materials. Thankfully, there are also groups that we can donate to and support to help protect all of the endangered animals.