RSS Feed

Want some Real Friends?

October 2, 2013 by Nicole Palombo   

REAL FRIENDS. Who doesn’t always want to have real friends? Well by listening to the band Real Friends you can! Sorry, that’s me trying to be funny…but actually this band is good, they play some of the best acoustic music I have ever heard.

One of my favorite songs is floorboards, obviously the acoustic version.

The way this sung is sung, it is almost like the lead singer is talking to his best friend, telling him about his feelings and the troubles in his life. My favorite line is, “But I still got these sleepy eyes that have seen too much for me to handle.” To me, this line has many meanings, but I think that it is mostly saying he has had more unfortunate experiences in his time than he should have, and it is difficult to deal with these situations on his own.

Another wonderful song by them is Skeletons.

My favorite lines of this song are:

Way back then there were monsters in my closet
And now there’s just skeletons hiding in there
The clock is ticking away
The leaves are still falling every day

In this song, he is talking about growing up. When you are young you are afraid to go to sleep without the lights on, because you believe that there are monsters in your closet, but as you get older you know that there aren’t monsters in your closest. The monsters turn into skeletons, these skeletons stand for secrets that you want to keep hidden from the world.

Here is a mix of some more songs by them that you might like! Let me know what you think!?

1 Comment »

1. Bridgette says:

Cheesy (although cute- I definitely liked it) intro aside, this band reminds me of that phase we all went through in middle school where we thought that bands that had that power-pop or pop-punk sound were “emo.” I’ve definitely outgrown this style of music, but stumbling upon this made me think of those old memories. I feel as though my taste in music has stayed within the overarching genre of rock but now it’s kind of settled into the indie or grunge-y categories. A friend of mine DJs for UD’s radio station and got me hooked on a band called The Courtneys. They’re like a modern throwback to bands like Sonic Youth. I would definitely check them out.

You must be logged in to post a comment.