Aerosmith

I can’t believe that I almost forgot about Aerosmith.  Aerosmith is an American rock and roll band that formed in the year 1970.  Like many classic rock bands, they are actually still together and making music.  Again, I find it very impressive that rock stars that have lived reckless lifestyles still have it in them to tour the country.  Good for them though, they’re a great band and they make good music.  The band members include Tom Hamilton on bass, Joey Kramer on drums, Joe Perry and Brad Whitford on guitar, and of course, the one and only Steven Tyler on lead vocals.  Steven Tyler has a very distinct voice and if you’re familiar with Aerosmith, you can always pick out their songs.  I have to give him credit though for hitting those super high notes, specifically at the end of “Dream On.”  Their sound is a blues-based hard rock and is truly the sound of classic rock and roll.

Aerosmith has many popular songs, even with the younger generation.  Like many classic rock bands, their songs can be heard at sporting events and featured in movies and commercials.  They even had a Guitar Hero dedicated to them.  I remember jamming to “Love in an Elevator” and “Walk This Way” back in like 2008 when it came out.  The really long guitar solos were always your shining moment; the moment when you would frantically hit all the right buttons and use the whammy bar as many times as you could.  Steven Tyler is also pretty iconic; in real life and video game form.  His look was pretty “out-there,” but that’s to be expected of most rock stars.  In my mind though, when I think Steven Tyler, I think about the usual mass of scarves tied to the microphone stand.

Favorite Songs: Rag Doll, Walk This Way, Angel, Love in an Elevator, and Dream On.

2 thoughts on “Aerosmith

1. I will admit I am not a huge rock and roll listener myself. Reading into Aerosmith however did remind me that certain songs by this band are not so bad after all. I happen to really like Dream On, and as a dancer this is a popular song that is performed to.

2. The Aerosmith Guitar Hero really brings me back to my younger days of playing my heart out to Sweet Emotion every day. (I was a really cool child, trust me). They have been a subtle influence on my music love throughout my life, and I have always enjoyed their music.