Unreal Bowling: The World’s First Interactive Bowling Experience

Bowling used to be a favorite pastime for families and friends alike however, its popularity has continued to decline since the 1970s. Although many bowling alleys have tried to gain more interest by offering midnight/cosmic bowling, they have continued to see decreases in business. However, Crunchy Tech just came up with a more interactive alternative to traditional bowling and it might just be up your “alleyBy using a combination of custom software, infrared lighting, real time object tracking technology and a set of projectors, the company was able to make a fun, more interactive version of bowling.

Crunchy converted 12 conventional bowling lanes to be infused with a custom audio visual experience, enabling players to select their preferred background with hi-fi attenuation. The ball’s trajectory is also traced with high definition special effects.

After taking a video of their first site in action, it went “viral on Facebook with over 3 million views and 700 installation requests.” With the installation of Unreal Bowling at regular bowling alleys, people started to see over 50% increases of business. In addition, people have started to stay longer, play more games and visit more often. This will hopefully reinvent the way Americans experience bowling and keep it alive for generations to come. Crunchy Tech will continue to develop new features, backgrounds and animations which will potentially make the experience different every single time you go.

Crunchy Tech also makes it really easy for current, outdated bowling alleys to have their equipment installed without having to physically modifying their lanes at all. Unreal Bowling only requires their special projectors and high speed cameras to be installed above each lane in addition to a computer that creates the audio and visual effects that you want for each lane.

With the potential for more sales, more customers, and more business, I wonder how many bowling alleys will decide to upgrade their traditional boring bowling lanes and sign up for an ‘unreal’ makeover…

https://crunchy.co/products/unreal-bowling/

https://www.optomausa.com/case-studies/229-unreal-bowling-the-transformation-of-an-american-pastime

4 thoughts on “Unreal Bowling: The World’s First Interactive Bowling Experience

1. This is so cool and something I never thought about before because I have never been all that interested in bowling. My sister actually took a bowling course at Clemson University and with her learning about the game I have become more intrigued. I even sent this video to her and she loved it. I think that this is a great way to have new technology add to things that are already established. I think that this is a great trend to follow especially in the world of sports. Here is a link to other technology that is advancing sports that we all already know and love.
    https://www.si.com/edge/2016/12/27/sports-tech-2017-wearable-technology-future
    I think that the combination of technology and well-established systems like sports is an important part of advancement. While we need new inventions that can change our day to day lives, I also think that there should be a larger focus on improving the things we have already. These could become even bigger advantages in the years to come as seen by the 50% increase bowling allies that use this tech are seeing. These kinds of things can bring new life to outdated industries and help us become more connected socially than stuck in our phones.

2. Wow! it is really cool bowling game and I want to try after i reading your post and watching video. I think that it is innovation of bowling system. At this point, bowling is likely to grow into popular entertainment again.
    Not only people who like to play bowling but also people who were not that fan of bowling will try it because the new bowling can give them new experience.
    I am sure it will attract people’s curiosity and interest.
    It is awesome that we can select our preferred background with hi-fi attenuation and the ball’s trajectory is also traced with high definition special effects.
    These effects have upgraded the boring elements of bowling to make it more dynamic and fun.

I would like to have such Unreal Bowling around me sooner.

3. I have always been a huge fan of bowling ever since I was young. I was unaware of the fact that bowling has declined but the more I think about it, the more I realize how little I hear of people wanting to go bowling. I think this idea of “unreal bowling” adds a whole new layer to bowling that will undoubtedly attract more people. The lights make the act of bowling more dynamic and fun, and would appeal to younger generations of people who may not be as into bowling but are into the cool lights. I think every bowling place should absolutely invest in this being that the installation seems easy and financially smart. While it may cost a little to install the lights and computers, the places that have installed have already seen a noticeable return on their investment. The new cool lights will attract people initially, without a doubt. However, I feel that once people get over the novelty of the lights, the amount of people coming to bowl will slowly decline again. With that being said, I do still feel that every place that can afford to install the lights should, because there’s no doubt in my mind that these lights will soon become the standard for bowling lanes everywhere.

4. My immediate reaction after reading this post and watching the video is where can I have an Unreal bowling experience. This looks absolutely amazing and is just the upgrade that the 21st century needed to ramp up the amount of people that go bowling. Myself and like many others have not bowled in a while. It’s a pastime that has grown old and stale. It has remained unchanged for many years. Other than adding special effects on the tv scoreboard and spot lights for cosmic bowling, there really hasn’t been any other significant improvements to the game to take it to that next level. Crunchy Tech has done just that by revolutionizing the way people will think about bowling as a fun activity with your friends. The fact that this system can be implemented easily into current bowling lanes gives me hope that we will soon see this in all bowling lanes across the country. I believe that anyone who sees or hears about this will want to try it. I was completely hooked on this after I watched the video. The live visual affects on the bowling lane are stunning and add more intensity to each roll down the lane. Customization of these effects are a huge bonus that add even more desire for players to bowl and come back again to change up their lane design. I think that with this new technology added to bowling lanes, there will be a huge increase in the amount of people that go bowling. Props to Crunchy Tech for creating this innovative and game changing bowling experience. I hope soon that these Unreal Bowling lanes show up near me so I can try!