Pastas!

Welcome back to week 4 of my passion blog about food!

This week I will be discussing why pasta is one of the best dishes anyone can have. 

Pasta - WikipediaPasta is such a diverse dish. It is estimated that there are approximately 350 different types of pasta and about four times that many names for them! This is due to the fact that some types may have different names in different languages, or even in the same language: in Italy, for example, names vary according to the region or area.

Personally, my favorite pasta  noodle is spaghetti. Spaghetti just has the best length and thickness and tastes good with everything. But what really matters is what you put on the pasta!

There are probably thousands of sauces. From different brands, to colors, and taste. I love some Classico Marinara with Plum Tomatoes and ground sausage. It is so delicious. My dad makes that and adds a little sugar just to add some sweetness to the delicious savory tomato sauce. The amount of times my twin sister has asked my parents is ridiculous. She is the only person who loves pasta more than me.

Classic Tomato Sauce Recipe for PastaMaintaining balanced lifestyle key to staying healthy > Joint Base San  Antonio > News

My mom would also make this delicious champagne lemon spaghetti pasta. Now that I just typed that out I am in the mood for that right now. The way my stomach just growled. Looks like I will be having pasta for dinner tonight.

Pasta is probably the most affordable and filling dish you can have so it is very accessible to college students, families, and others. 

Although it tastes good, pasta is very beneficial for your health and activity. Pasta is made from grain, one of the basic food groups in a healthy diet that also can include vegetables, fruits, fish, and poultry. It’s a good source of energy and can give you fiber, too, if it’s made from whole grain. That can help with stomach problems and may help lower cholesterol. Also according to the article, “What Happens to Your Body When You Eat Pasta” written by Rebecca Strong she shares that you might feel a boost in your mood after eating pasta due to it having Serotonin in it. “Serotonin is not just a natural mood stabilizer—it also plays a role in supporting bone health as well as aiding the body in healing wounds.”(EatThis 2020). 

Fun Fact that I would always eat pasta the night before a game/meet days. It was a superstition my mom had started for my siblings and I. We were always on the go and pasta just gave us the energy to keep on pushing the last leg, stretch, inning. 

Update on Sports in Huntsville Madison County

Feel free to tell me your favorite pasta dish or your favorite memory with food!!

That is it guys! I hope you like this little monologue on why pasta is the best and very good for you. I can’t wait to write next week. It will be a more personal and fun blog. I hope you guys are enjoying this blog as much as I am. Can’t wait to continue this blog journey next week.

https://www.seattletimes.com/pacific-nw-magazine/the-secret-to-great-spaghetti-its-all-in-the-sauce/#:~:text=IF%20YOU%20COOK%20spaghetti%20in,the%20sauce%2C%E2%80%9D%20he%20says.

https://www.eatthis.com/what-happens-body-eat-pasta/#:~:text=You%20might%20feel%20a%20boost%20in%20your%20mood.&text=Serotonin%20is%20not%20just%20a,the%20body%20in%20healing%20wounds.

https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/ss/slideshow-eat-pasta#:~:text=It’s%20Part%20of%20a%20Good%20Diet&text=Pasta%20is%20made%20from%20grain,and%20may%20help%20lower%20cholesterol.

One thought on “Pastas!

1. Couldn’t agree more! As I noted in previous weeks, please watch your comma grammar with quotations. For your issue brief you will need to know how to do this correctly. Besides that, good job!