The Dark Side to America’s Achievement Culture

Our team for the History of  Public Controversy is planning on going to the viewing of  “Race to Nowhere” this Friday afternoon. I am hoping that the audience that will be in attendance will have strong opinions on our issue.  My task for this project is to get the Professors’s/professional’s perspective on this issue. I have called Education and Behavioral Sciences Library and the Education Policy Studies Student Organization (EPSSA) who is hosting the event. They did not pick up but I will call again tomorrow. Hopefully they will be able to give their perspective on this  issue on campus and/or why they decided to host this viewing. For the interviews, I am envisioning short clips of professors  with sleek bold writing across the bottom with their name and maybe a quote or statistic. Also after the viewing they are hosting a 45 minute group discussion to “offer a critical examination of Abeles’ (the producer’s) narrative”.  Because the people hosting describe this as a “critical” examination, I think they will provide various perspectives and point of views. I would love to film and include parts this discussion in our video  because I think it will enhance exigence of this issue on campus. Including this discussion I think will help provide various perspectives on the issue.  Towards the beginning of our video, I want to show both sides of the issue but slowly progress towards persuading the audience to understand the education system is too blame.

As for the personal interviews of professors or students I think it would look effective to have all of the same backdrop (like a white wall). This could be a challenge because we are interviewing different parties at different times, but maybe we could at least have the same body position of chest up. Also if after we film we decide the videos are not consistent, we can still use them as voice overs to other powerful images.

For the opening scene I am imagining piano music with a black screen and bold letters with a quote or title, maybe the Race to Nowhere slogan “The Dark Side to America’s Achievement Culture”. We talked about an epigraph in class on Tuesday and I think that would also be effective for the self-reflective tone we are trying to give off.

8 comments

1. hair restoration

The Dark Side to America’s Achievement Culture | Thinking Big

2. finansiering forbrugslån

3. reforma integral piso 80 metros cuadrados

4. botox toronto

5. haga clic en el siguiente artículo

6. kreditgid.com

7. lotto junkie

8. sell auto paper organizer