About Me

I am the older twin brother, born in 1997 at Mary Immaculate Hospital, Newport News, Virginia. It was after my first birthday, my family moved to Pennsylvania. I have spent most of my life in the Pittsburgh area, and attended school at the Freedom Area School District in Freedom, PA. I graduated high school as a member of the National Honor Society with summa cum laude distinction. My interest in engineering began as a child, when I would spend my time building cars with Legos as well as taking apart and rebuild various other toys, but it took me until the end of my sophomore year of college to discover my passion for research and design led me to the fields of biomedical and mechanical engineering.

Currently, I am starting my senior year pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Science for Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering with a focus on biomechanics at Penn State University.  As a student, I have laboratory experience through coursework and research lab work. I have worked with industry-made medical devices, such as bioprosthetic valves, which gives me direct hands-on experience with medical equipment. I have learned how to design tests for different physiological scenarios, such as healthy versus stenotic vessels, which can be applied to testing and designing medical products. I have learned numerous graphic design and software programs through the classroom and self-taught methods that has resulted in my ability and skills to master new software programs.  Possessing these skills and abilities enables me to excel in performing the required assigned duties during my internship at the high level of which I know I am capable.

I am involved with research with the Artificial Heart and Cardiovascular Fluid Dynamics Laboratory at Penn State. This includes experience with working with commercially available devices. I have experience with accelerated wear testing of heart valves, which is the in vitro testing of heart valve replacements at an increased rate, usually 900 beats per minute. I have done high speed imaging of bioprosthetic valves, which were used to calculate the effective orifice area of the valve at different time points. I am working on creating a blood analog fluid that can be used in flow loops with bioprosthetic valves. I have experience with cell culturing and toxicity testing.

During the summer before my junior year, I had the opportunity to work for the Borough of Beaver, located in Beaver, PA, interning with their Borough Engineer. In addition to working alongside the Borough Engineer, I also worked and collaborated with the Municipal Authority and the Highway Department, completing various projects where I gained valuable experience with project management and working as part of a cross functional team. The main project that I worked on was to examine and assess the sanitary, storm, and water systems that are operated by the borough.

Beyond the classroom, I am involved in Thon, an  organization that raises money for the fight against pediatric cancer. Additionally, aside from my educational and professional experiences, I am an Eagle Scout and have previously led several community service projects that gave back to my local community. Additionally, I am actively involved in the sport of track and field. The competitive nature of the sport helps me perform well under pressure, maintain a results-driven attitude, and practice teamwork. Above all I consider myself to be a highly motivated individual and have a strong interest in the field of bioengineering and mechanics. Below is an edited version of my cover letter with sensitive information censored.

Download CV:

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download