Music

Music is my Euphoria.

Music sparks motivation, brings hope in times of despair, connects strangers, brings upon nostalgia when you need it the most, stimulates the mind and produces serotonin. But Music can also evoke pain,sadness and uneasiness. It can force you to recall past traumas or directly make you face something you’ve been desperately avoiding. The duality of music is what I love the most about it.

Ever since I was a child music was a big part of my life.

I remember my first concert like it was yesterday. I wore my Henry the Octopus shirt with yellow ribbons in my hair and purple light up sketchers. I waited in line with hundreds of other toddlers buzzing with excitement. Finally the time came and four men in different color shirts graced the stage and started singing “Fruit Salad Yummy Yummy!”. Immediately me and the other preschoolers in the room lost our minds and started singing and chanting “WIGGLES! WIGGLES! WIGGLES!”. We singed and danced for what felt like hours while our parents sat back and watched us scream our little lungs out. The worst part about the concert was going home and the feeling I got was something I cherish forever. That experience truly solidified the effect music will have on my life forever. 

The album preference

I do not mind when a artist drops a quick single but, nothing amounts to the feeling of when an artist drops an album. Something about being able to hear what a musicians thoughts and mindset was for a period of time makes me feel giddy. You can always hear the difference between when a album was well produced, thought out, and meaningful versus when it is just a quick money grab.

100 Best Albums of the 2010s, Ranked by Rolling Stone - Rolling Stone

As much as I love concerts, they have no remorse for my wallet. So, I do the next best thing. Everytime a album I enjoy gets released I create a makeshift concert. I download every song off the album in 8D audio, get dressed, turn on my LED lights, spray various scents around my room, put on a wristband, and let loose. This helps me decyfer which albums is only radio playable versus concert enjoyable.This is the system I use to help me rank albums. I am not a music expert but I still critic my favorite artist’s albums like I am one. Through this blog I am going to pick different artists and rank their entire catalog from worst to best using this method of creating makeshift concerts in my dorm.

Photo creds album picture:https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rollingstone.com%2Fmusic%2Fmusic-lists%2Fbest-albums-2010s-ranked-913997%2F&psig=AOvVaw0R3RA6fX1_q4Rjh2i2mCk-&ust=1599156261761000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCID6rMiHy-sCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

4 comments

1. kzz5175 · September 3, 2020 at 2:36 pm ·

That’s so cool that you’ve been to 20 concerts! I have never even been to one. I also prefer when artists drop a whole album. It’s really nice to just sit and listen to all of the songs in order because you really get a sense of what the artist was thinking while they were making the music!

2. rkg5404 · September 3, 2020 at 7:27 pm ·

My first concert was also the Wiggles! I was so obsessed at the time and now, just like you, music is how I get through my day and it is truly apart of me. I find myself listening to music while brushing my teeth, doing homework, just walking, it is a necessity to say the least. Personally, I love buying albums on vinyl and it makes me sad knowing I couldn’t bring my favorites to campus.

3. ypj5115 · September 3, 2020 at 8:02 pm ·

I’ve never been to a concert in my life, but I think that after reading how passionate you are about going to concerts and about music, I will definitely try to do that. I also love it when artists drop whole albums. I was very excited when Lil Uzi dropped Eternal Atake and I was so annoyed when he kept dropping singles. I think I’m definitely going to try and go to more concerts.

4. egk5135 · September 10, 2020 at 3:33 pm ·

Wow, your blog is so aesthetically pleasing and very beautifully set up! For me, music definitely has the ability to destroy any stress and motivates me to accomplish the goals I have set for the day. There is something so special about the way we are able to plug in our headphones and tune out the rest of the world for the time we need. I am not a music connoisseur like you are, though. 20 concerts? That is incredible. I’m looking forward to your future posts as I definitely need new music to listen to!