Quarantine has been a struggle for the past month because many of us go extended periods of time without seeing the sun. As such, here are 5 songs for your social distancing playlist. 

1. All By Myself by Celine Dion 

This classic party song was released in 1996 off her album Falling Into You. The greatness of “All By Myself” is its versatility. Other great occasions to listen to it: Valentine’s Day (or Single’s Awareness Day if you’re me) and Christmas. Plus, who doesn’t love to sing along? Everyone knows you can’t hit that high note, but you’re still gonna try.  

2.Don’t Stand So Close to Me by The Police 

This song was released in 1980 by the British rock band The Police. It reached No. 1 on the UK Singles chart at the time of its release, and they went on to win a Grammy in 1981 for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group.  

“Don’t Stand So Close to Me” is the perfect song to get you in the mindset to yell at anyone who tries to infringe upon your six-foot invisible bubble that decreases your chances of getting COVID-19. In fact, this song is probably the best off this playlist to encourage you to social distance! Play this song whenever you head to the grocery store or Walmart. 

3.SICKO MODE by Travis Scott ft. Drake 

gotta throw a bone to all the rap fans out there. “SICKO MODE” is a pretty good song with some relevant lyrics given our current situation. However, I do not recommend emulating Drake’s movements in the music video. He touches his face multiple times, which is a big no-no. I’ll admit I have trouble not touching my face especially when I snap my friends. 

4.Cruise by Florida Georgia Line 

This title needs no explanation. It’ll serve as a reminder to stay the heck away from anyone who’s been on a cruise in the past two months or to self-quarantine if you yourself have been on one.  

This “country” hit was released in 2012 by the country-pop duo Florida Georgia Line. It’s kind of a low-quality song, but we all know the lyrics because they constantly played “Cruise” on the radio back in the day. It’s unfortunate that my brain has allocated storage to remembering these terrible lyrics, but, it’s even more unfortunate that I know Iggy Azalea’s “Fancy” by heart as well.  

5.Work from Home by Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dolla $ign 

Arguably Fifth Harmony’s most popular song with over 2 billion views on its YouTube music video, “Work from Home” is both relevant and a bop. With most of us not knowing when they’ll let us go back to work or school, this song expresses our shared struggles of not being able to do things outside our house.  

Also, I’ll shamelessly plug this song regardless of its relevance to social distancing. I’m still upset that Fifth Harmony broke up, and it’s a wound that will likely never heal. I’m glad Camila is at least dropping some albums, but the other members need to step it up! 

All jokes aside, I hope everyone is finding silver linings in our current situation while staying safe to both protect themselves and others. Social distancing has been frustrating for all of us and we all miss seeing our friends. Zoom calls just don’t hit the same. 🙁