RSS Feed

Robert Delong

September 18, 2013 by Kenny Sukitch   

Robert Delong

Welcome to the first post in Cozy Ears! This week, I would like to recommend an up and coming musician from Washington named Robert Delong. Delong, and EDM and electronic musician, is, in a sense, a one man band due to his self production in recordings and use of multiple instruments during live shows. In the span of one song, Delong can be seen playing the drums, keyboard, drum pad, and vocals. In addition to this impressive lineup of instruments, Delong also has programmed gaming controllers (such as Xbox and Wii controllers) to act as controllers for samples of different sounds in his songs.

Because of Delong’s extensive knowledge of contemporary instruments and unorthodox midi controllers, musically, he is able to create a sound unique to himself. Delong manages to blend EDM music with lush vocals and haphazard drum beats to create dance music that is easy to listen to. Recently, Delong released a new album, “Just Movement”, which showcases his knowledge of synthesizers and song progression. In addition to his newest release, Delong releases covers and remixes of songs on his Soundcloud page, which, to the joy of many, are free to download.

Long story short, take a few minutes out of your day to give this new artist a chance to wow you.

3 Comments »

1. Louis Gallo says:

Although I don’t really listen to this genre of music on my own, I do appreciate the way in which it is produced. This is what people used to do with rock bands and jazz bands. I think this genre of music is the new “garage band” genre.

2. drg5266 says:

Not being a big listener of EDM I can still appreciate this guy’s music. Delong definitely shows a lot of talent, bouncing around the stage playing a variety of instruments, sometimes in tandem. Just being able to put on a one-man show speaks volumes about his skill over other artists, wouldn’t you agree?

3. dyg5194 says:

Being a producer, I greatly appreciated this post. His unorthodox approach on production give him a sound that diverges from most mainstream sounds of most EDM genres that one would hear. Thanks for introducing me to his music.

You must be logged in to post a comment.