4- Steve Jobs

The next person I would like to introduce to you is Steve Jobs the founder of Apple the man who still have impact on our life every single day, weather checking the weather or texting your mom from one small device that fits in the palm of your hand you have to give him special thanks.

Steve Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco to a single mother who put him up for adoption knowing she would not give him the live he deserved. He was raised by his adoptive parents in the Bay Area. Steve was one of the greatest businessman and entrepreneurs in American history. He was the chairman, CEO, and co-founder of Apple Inc., founder and chairman of NeXT, along with being a member of Disney’s board of directors and helped founded Pixar.  He is seen as one of the pioneers of the microcomputer revolution. Steve always struggled a lot in school, he always found it very hard to pay attention and didn’t think it had much practical application in life. He did go onto college as his adoptive parents promised his birth mother that he would attend. He went to Reed College and dropped out after one semester he just did not see the purpose in the classes and after dropping out he stuck around for a while and dropped in on some classes that he found interesting but eventually just stopped going all together. He then went to India with his friends in 1974 seeking enlightenment he studied Zen Buddhism he would later return home looking how his purpose. I think it is just so interesting how much time has changed in that people were still able to work and succeed without college, I feel like nowadays the world we live in has made it almost impossible to succeed without college. After returning home he worked for Atari for a while and thought the new technology was so interesting, when working on a new project he asked his friend Steve Wozniak with help who was very interested in programing. They started working on a person computer for the average person, bringing this new technology that most people didn’t understand into their home. They would go on to own to start Apple together in 1976 selling the Apple I the personal computer, the company really took off after the invented the Apple II one of the first highly produced personal computers. Their success would continue with the Apple Lisa in 1983 and their biggest breakthrough with the Macintosh. As the company continued to grow they started to struggle and Steve’s leadership was questioned so they brought on John Sculley as CEO, Steve continued working on Apple projects and helped develop the computer graphic division of Lucasfilm. Along with helping to start Pixar which first film was Toy Story which is personally my favorite movie of my childhood.

In 1985 Steve was forced to resign by the board of Apple and John Sculley, he felt like he lost a large part of himself. He started a new company called NeXT computer where he works on a lot of different stuff and tried to figure out his life. During this time, he put a lot of time into his family and his company, but as he got himself together Apple started to fall apart. The company went through a couple CEO’s and the company needed proper leadership and vision. Steve was invited back in 1997 and merged NeXT with Apple and is seen as being the one who saved Apple which was on the verge on bankruptcy. He brought in the moto “Think different” which lead to all the apple products we love today from the Mac to the iPhone. Steve was diagnosed with a pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor in 2003, he would die at 56 in 2011, of respiratory arrest related to the tumor. Steve is truly inspirational in how he lived his life and what he was able to accomplish. I truly love his quote about the dots in his life during his famous Stanford commencement speech “So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something—your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”

2 thoughts on “4- Steve Jobs

• October 5, 2018 at 3:44 pm
    Permalink

Truly Inspirational!
    I had no idea so many prominent people had dyslexia (outside of Bella Thorn of course), and seeing all of their accomplishments in this context makes me appreciate their contributions even more!

The writing in this blog was excellent as well. The varied sentence structure provided a nice rhythm to the piece as a whole which made it a joy to read!

Reply
  • October 25, 2018 at 4:57 pm
    Permalink

Another world-famous person that had dyslexia that I had no idea about! I think anyone in our generation can say they have been affected by Steve Jobs’ work with Apple, so we should definitely continue to appreciate what he did for the modern world.

Reply