This I Believe Script

PassionBlog:Sport

RCL Blog:Isis

This I Believe: Enjoying the Hard Times

Things happen. Life happens. Shit happens. We all understand that. But I encourage you, the next time something bad happens in your life, to look at the beauty of the end result as opposed to the ugly truth of the matter laying in front of your nose. Any time you face conflict, sadness, anger, or any heavy emotion, you experience growth. I have gone through loss… Ha, a lot of it. Essentially of every kind; family, friends, love, comfort, safety. All in the same year, my parents divorced, something my former alcoholic mother could not so well handle, my girlfriend whom I fell head over heels in love with broke my heart, I became involved on the wrong side of a local gang, lived out of my car for eight months because in the process of selling our home and finding new places to live, my parents became… hard to be around. I fell into a deep depression for months. Oh I forgot to mention that in my relationship I threw all of my time into my love for this girl, ignored my friends and lost touch with essentially all of them. I was alone… Entirely. The details of all these events make them something no person in their right mind could ever consider beneficial. Except me. ..

Granted at the time, the light st the end of the tunnel appeared entirely dim, almost non-existent. However, getting to that light, and experiencing the overcoming of all these problems… Feeling the warmth of the light at the end of this tunnel smacking your face, reminding you-yeah, you’re alive, you made it;there’s nothing better. You’ll come to the realization: I made it through, I’m alive, I’m STRONGER. That’s something beautiful to realize, that you overcame. You saw the tough road that lay ahead of you and conquered it. You grew from these hard times, and now know how to handle similar problems in the future. I’ve been through a lot, “Came from the bottom,” some might say. Shoutout Drake. But because of it, i feel untouchable. My guess is, you’v been through your fair share of shit too. So remind yourself, you are untouchable, you can overcome anything, and you will. And anytime you  question your ability to rise above your situation, remind yourself that you can, you will, and these times are not so bad after all. It’s just another lesson to be learned. another strength to be had, another reason that you are untouchable. It is a heck of a lot better to feel a lot of something, good or bad, than to feel nothing at all. It reminds you that you are alive. So no matter how long, how daunting, how never ending your current tunnel feels, there is always a light to be found, a reason you’re in it and a lesson to be learned. Life saves it’s hardest battles for it’s strongest soldiers.