Isis. A Serious Threat.

How do you know a group is a seriously crazy group of monsters? When Al Queda, who bombed the Twin Towers of New York, tells them they have to leave and be something else somewhere else, because their tactics are too absurd for the Al Queda group. That’s exactly what Al Queda said to Isis, and that’s exactly what they are: insane monsters.

Believe me, I am one to extremely rarely generalize a group of people, or judge those who I do not know. However, after just watching a video from Fox News of Isis burning a native pilot alive and sitting, watching him scream for mercy as he was enveloped in the flames, I may come off a little judgmental. Last night, a video was released to the United States of the group Isis taking a Jordanian pilot, Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh, caging him up and lighting him on fire. They stood and watched with fully automatic weaponry in hand to silence any who would question. They watched this man, caged like an animal, wait for the fire traveling along a fuel doused rope, to reach him and painfully and cruelly end his life. They then published this video and sent it elsewhere to strike fear into the hearts of nations. Say what you like about my judging of Isis, but this truly is a disgusting group of monsters.

Jordan as a nation made moves to try to free the pilot. They offered up the freedom of an inmate of death row. They went to nearly every extent to try to rectify this situation and send the pilot home alive. Isis ruthlessly declined and continued to torture the Jordanian pilot and kill him mercilessly.

This has caused a chain of events, as Jordan executed two former Isis/Al Queda members to stab back at the barbaric group. Obama met with Jordan’s King Abdullah in the Oval Office and offered his condolences. He spoke before and after the meeting, he vowed that the pilot’s death would, “redouble the vigilance and determination on the part of our global coalition to make sure they are degraded and ultimately defeated.” Let us hope that he is correct and this group can be put to rest.

Not only did Isis brutally murder this man however, they offered 100 golden dinars for any other such pilot who is captured and killed by others. Pictures, names and hometowns must be presented as well, showing the sheer barbaric nature of this group of people.

The reason that this pilot was killed, was because he took part in U.S.-led airstrikes against the Islamic State. This reason will undoubtedly strike fear into the people of the region and potentially prevent them from openly helping aid the destruction of Isis. However, as we all can agree, we hope that the video and story of Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh will inspire people to rectify the situation and bring this organization of Isis down. The United States has made moves to try to assist this process by holding solidarity with the Jordanian society and government as stated by U.S. National Security Council spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan.

The Jordanian people do not want to go to war and have made it clear through protest. Nobody really desires to go to war, it is dangerous and lives will be lost, but what else can be done about this group? Ideas are being discussed and tossed around as to how to douse the flame of the Isis organization. To show Jordan’s dislike to the idea of war, a twitter hashtag has been created in Arabic and is being used widely. The hashtag reads, “#NotOurWar.

This situation however, needs to rectified according to the governments and councils of nations. Jordanian government announced today “We are waging this war to protect our faith, our values and human principles and our war for their sake will be relentless and will hit them in their own ground.” Unfortunately it seems that war in unavoidable at this point and that blood will be shed. It is a sad state of affairs for our world. Air raids have been mounted in Syria and it looks as if the US military is assisting in Jordan’s process. Jordan as a nation released the message that they will be launching a, “strong, earth-shaking and decisive” response to the killing.

Let us hope that this conflict is solved and does not draw out as others have. We can all pray for the safety of our nation, our allied nations, our military and our people as a whole. Let the fight against Isis be swift and as painless as possible.

Source:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.640813

http://www.newsweek.com/what-isis-hoped-gain-killing-jordanian-pilot-304336

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4030583977001/warning-extremely-graphic-video-isis-burns-hostage-alive/?#sp=show-clips

3 thoughts on “Isis. A Serious Threat.

1. I totally agree: ISIS is an inhumane, preposterous group, and their ridiculous and cruel actions must be stopped. It is very tricky to bargain with terrorists, and without bargaining, war is the next option… I am not sure what the best decision would be for stopping ISIS. Their tactics are horrible, and it’s a shame that people are dying in such awful ways.

2. I have been following the situation with ISIS very closely. Air strikes and other attacks that don’t put American lives at risk are great, but I would doubt the regime will be dismantled without the help of a full fledged ground campaign, whether it is waged by Jordan, the US, or other parties. It is however, very difficult to intervene in countries like this without getting bogged down in a long war, or allowing the wrong people into power. I believe that the US intervention in Iraq was definitely a contributing factor to the rise of ISIS. Overall I think that this is a very tough debate and I haven’t reached a personal conclusion about it yet.

3. I agree with most of your statements here. I do believe that Isis has to be stopped and that the only way to do that is by force. It’s a shame that more people have to die to prevent death. It’s twisted and cruel. I wish there was a way to fight evil with good, but in this case fire is the only way to fight fire. Especially when said fire is unreasonable and unstable.
    Good info and I’m looking forward to reading more.