February 8

5- iPhone

Image result for iphone introductionThe introduction of the smart phone has been a huge shift in American society and has truly changed not just how young people act but also how they think. My generation those of us that were born between 1995-2012 are known as generation Z or iGen. The only generation that do not remember a time without the internet and first generation to grow up with smart phones in our lives. The introduction of the iPhone in 2007 was one of the biggest changes in American society, it did not just change how we communicate it changed how we live, how we get places, how we learn, how we explore, entertain, and so much more. In most people’s everyday lives their phone probable has some part of it weather it’s waking them up or telling them the white loop is about to be at the station to get you to class.

It is so interesting to think that I come from a generation being born in 2000 that has never known peace and has no memory of life without the internet. The world is truly so different then when my parents grew up information and technology have changed and taken over everything we think about. If you want to see something truly terrifying go into setting on your phone and click on screen time it will tell you the number of hours you spend on your phone and specific apps every day. I personally spent over 34 hours on my phone last week 14 of which was on snapchat alone I am truly disturbed by this number. Imagine all the things you could do with 34 hours the work you could have done the books you could have read but no you spent to sending snaps and watching stupid things on YouTube. Our generation in on the verge on the biggest mental health crisis in history, millions of Americans are fully attached to their technology and their life and emotions rapped up into social media and the opinions of others. This is one of the biggest struggles for my generation as we come of age and are passed the torch to take the mantel of leadership, will we be able to overcome the changes faced by previous generations and lead our nation to a better state then when we found it? This is a question full of uncertainty and the only way for us to find the answer to look into ourselves see our problems and try to not just correct ourselves but our generation to put us back on track and less connected.Image result for iphone generations

Then just think it have only been just over a decade since the iPhone was introduced to world, its hard to imagine what will come next in not just our life times but our children as well. Will they have something they makes our technology today just look like a child’s toy, if the iPhone and Apple has thought us anything it is that anything is possible and technology can truly change world.

Posted February 8, 2019 by mrj5266 in category Uncategorized