3rd Day of SHO TIME

Mission SHO TIME complete!

Bravo to my fellow mentors, the team leaders, and especially Dan for pulling off the best SHO TIME ever! I can’t believe it’s over…

The day started off with Town and Gown, but in a format which we’ve never held it before. I actually liked this year’s format better because instead of using time to guess who each guest was, we could spend more time learning about what they did and how we could get involved. And it’s always nice to see familiar faces return to participate year after year.

I was beyond happy with how well the freshmen handled the diversity workshop, I can imagine that very few of them have ever really held honest conversations about some of the tough topics we covered in this exercise. I am very proud that my entire group participated fully in this activity. 🙂

My favorite part of the day, though, must be Late Night with the Dean. Every year the audience laughs til their sides hurt, laugh til they cry, and laugh so hard we have to catch our breaths. There were some more serious parts of the night, and President Barron’s interview I believe was very beneficial to the newest members of our Penn State and Schreyer family because they got to meet their president and learn about his views on Penn State in a smaller environment and before the rest of the Class of 2019.

All good things must unfortunately come to an end, and Final Bow was the perfect way to end SHO TIME with a bang.

These past three days have been some of the most incredible days of my Penn State experience, and I love each and every member on Team Phoenix. I am so proud of how much my freshies have grown and learned about themselves and each other in the past few days, and I cannot wait to see what their futures here at Penn State and in Schreyer hold for them.

For the final time *sob* – Houston, over and out.