“Fashion looks better when you feel good on the inside”

This week I am sticking with a similar topic as last and providing a conglomerate of different outfits that I styled with my own clothes! My sister kindly agreed to be my model again, and we came up with the idea of fashioning the same pair of leggings a bunch of different ways. Leggings are my favorite type of pants! They are so comfortable and versatile, and there are so many different styles and designs that exist! For this blog we just stuck with a basic pair of long black leggings, but any of these outfits could be recreated with any type of legging that you like. Let’s begin!

The first outfit we created is very sporty –  typical athleisure! For those unfamiliar, athleisure is a type of outfit that can be sported for exercise or everyday wear. We took the black compression leggings and paired them with a purple Nike hoodie with a rose gold swoosh. To match, we also incorporated some black Nike sneakers with the same rose gold accent. The color combination is a win in my opinion, and I love how this outfit can be worn to the gym, class or out on a shopping spree!

The next outfit caused quite a debate. I wanted to pair another athleisure outfit with an accent that couldn’t be worn to the gym, in this case a blanket scarf. My sister hated it, but I wear this outfit all the time in the winter, and I love how comfortable it is. I really think a chunky scarf creates an added flair that can enhance your athleisure and transform it into something unique.

The next outfit turns away from the sporty side and more into something you would wear to a relaxed Sunday brunch or to class during the week. This time the leggings were paired with two different T-shirts, and two different jackets, both from Old Navy. The first outfit incorporates Sperry sneakers, taking it up a notch in fanciness as compared to the Nike shoes. The second outfit utilizes a pair of violet lace up flats, also from Old Navy. This was an interesting look, because the strings ended up typing around the legging material. It doesn’t look bad, but I think I would prefer cropped leggings so that the shoes could be tied around the ankles instead. (My sister and I don’t have an Old Navy near us at home, so going to the one in State College was a lot of fun.)

The next outfit is definitely my favorite! We took the leggings and added a long lace up peasant top and the same Sperry sneakers. We also incorporated a velvet choker which adds a lot of dimension to the look. You can wear this outfit virtually anywhere, and you can change the shoes to dress it up even more. This outfit is perfect for when you need something comfortable and cute to wear, but you don’t feel like putting a lot of effort into the look.

The final look is winter chic, taking leggings and pairing them with a sweater and a cardigan to stay warm during the cold weather! These sweaters are both from American Eagle, and they are so wonderful to wear on snowy days! I gave my sister some black ankle boots to wear in the first picture, and for the second she chose some custom maroon Vans, but these outfits can be worn with basically any shoe. Snow boots or Hunter rain boots would be really cute with either combination!

Just like last time, this entire process was a blast, and creating fun outfit combinations was exciting, but also sometimes a challenge! If fashion excites you, I recommend to take a day to sift through your closet and try on some clothes that you may have thought never looked good together. Experimenting with new styles is a great way to expand your wardrobe without having to buy any more clothes. Let me know if you have any suggestions for future blog posts!

1 Comment on “Fashion looks better when you feel good on the inside”

1. klb6130
    March 24, 2017 at 10:34 am (7 years ago)

Anastasia, this is the first time I am reading your blog and it put a smile on my face on this dull rainy morning! I loved the whole idea of “fashion looks better when you feel good on the inside” because I truly believe it does! The pictures you included of your sister modeling your outfits immediately reminded me of my sister and how we are constantly shopping or stealing each other’s clothes. It also reminded me of how much I miss her. Although I believe I lack a fashion sense, hence the sweatpants and sweatshirts every day, it would be interesting for you to maybe discuss the various and many times shocking fashion trends that exist across the world!
    Awesome job.