Say the Color not the Word

Say the color not the word has to be the most interest yet fun brain teaser. This game allows a person to establish the differences between both hemispheres of the brain. While trying to complete this teaser you begin to realize where the conflict is. The left hemisphere of the brain is responsible for the conscious thought and logical reasoning. On the other hand, the right hemisphere is responsible for the creative tasks. Because the teaser is say the word not the color it automatically triggers your left hemisphere into saying the word not the color.

As many have tried it gets complicated. We find ourselves wanting to say the color of the word but can’t help but say the word that we are reading. This allows the brain to be fully focused using both hemispheres at the same time rather than separately.

When I first tried completing this teaser I was honestly confused. I thought it was extremely easy because all you had to do was read the words. It wasn’t until someone explained the teaser to me, that made me realize it was actually harder than I thought. I found myself trying so hard to focus the color of the word but could not help but read the word. It took me to really focus and try after try. It was not until my fifth try that I was able to say it all through but I realized that regardless a person will always have a hard time because it’s allowing you to use both hemispheres at the same time.

Many people don’t realize that it rare that both are used. Each hemisphere is used uniquely for a different talent, whether it is playing a instrument, studying for a class, riding a bike, each side is used for something.

My challenge for you is to see how many tries it takes for you to complete this teaser and see if it was a one time shot or the focus was needed.

colours