Talking to Yourself is a Sign of a Higher Intelligence

Have you ever being weird looks that talking to yourself while walking on the road alone? Sometimes you said “I can crash this exam” loudly on the way to the testing center, and others students watches you until you stop talking.

Well, if you now talk to yourself, no fear of others because you are not really going crazy during a period of self-talk. Good news! According to recent study, talking to yourself indicates a higher level of intelligence. This study happens in the UK schools. There were 28 participants, each was given instructions that being told to either read out loud or quietly to themselves. Then the researchers measured how these participants performed during the study. Researchers found that the participants who read the instructions loud were more concentrated and preformed more efficient.

Psychologists found the benefits of talking to yourself may come from “simply listening to yourself”. The auditory commands seem to be a better controller of behaviors then written one.

Unsurprisingly, I’m a self-talk person and I also benefit from self-talk. While I’m on my way to my dorm from library at night, I talk to myself about how today I perform. I also plan my tomorrow loudly. Weird looks but it helps. I did it everyday and my day and my tomorrow are well organized. Moreover, you really try to talk to yourself before an exam or a competition. By encouraging yourself “Just Do It!” is very helpful that improves your confidence.

So, when you go out into the world and find yourself having a conversation with yourself. Just keep thinking and talking, you may be the smartest one. Don’t stop the conversation; the conversation with yourself may be the one that make you happy in the future or help you get an A on the exam or win the first prize during a speech competition.

Everyone else don’t understand your conversation, sometimes is because you are smarter than others. You are not on the same level.

Just Try Talk To Yourself! You will be Profited.

32 thoughts on “Talking to Yourself is a Sign of a Higher Intelligence

1. Wow I’m gad to know talking to myself can help me! That makes me so relieved. Also I think the topic of your blog is so interesting! I’ve never really thought about why people talk to themselves and it’s cool to learn scientific theories about it.

2. Wow this was super interesting. I tend to talk to myself and hype myself up before I take an exam. I also will go through my schedule for the next day because that helps me stay on task.

3. This blog post was extremely interesting! I loved the research that you did into the topic and it’s nice to know that I’m not crazy for talking to myself. Keep up the amazing work! The only suggestion I have is to maybe add some pictures to your next post!

4. I talk to myself naturally, even to in animate objects. I just take it as my way of coping since I don’t have anyone I trust to talk to about my problems. But that is my own problem, I think.

5. I am also relieved now that I know that I am not going crazy. I enjoy my company a lot and the fact that I always come up with solutions after motivating myself with a serious conversation has created a proud version of myself

6. how’s up roomies… seems like you’re all afraid of them impression formation tasks…not me…my issues stems from people not wanting to make the npp with me..otherwise I’d be able to sthu….here’s an idea…since we including me happen to be social outcasts how’s about we call each other’s answering machines …leave a statement or two to each other ..about our own personal whatnots..that way perhaps after becoming versed with talking to something else at least it may help bridge US into a more regular routine of being content with ourselves whilst speaking to other actual nonhumans…thereby making it so we can all sthu together.

7. I listen to others as they talk to themselves…
    I answer in my own mind… most amusing without offending.
    “Ha ha ha”…
    Ok, That was me aloud. :~)

8. This was a very interesting read, though the lack of any citations to the study, as well as the grammar in the article (which ironically I corrected, verbally, to myself), made the credibility feel questionable.

As a professional and graduated baccalaureate, I personally look for citations and consistent, accurate grammar as I subconsciously evaluate a written work. So please don’t take this as negative criticism, but rather my opinions as a reader to strengthen your work. Because I would have loved to read the source study to confirm it for myself.

9. The fact that I googled “talking to myself” shows a conscience of the fact that I have done so ,but why ?
    I think since I am now middle aged I don’t have the people around me to listen that I used to have, such as my father, grandparents, college friends, previous work colleagues and people whose opinion mattered to me.
    So I think it’s important to make new friends throughout your life and reach out and forward rather than looking back too much .Also a desire not to fail at anything does cause me to prepare mentally, that is when the verbal rationalising kicks in. Those absent people I mentioned would have been a good soundboard in that case but when they are no longer around …
    Thank you for this site
    You’ve been a great audience.

10. Talking to yourself can be a sign of higher intelligence as it allows for self-reflection and problem-solving. However, it’s important to note that it can also be a symptom of certain mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. It’s essential to distinguish between healthy self-talk and potentially harmful internal dialogue and seek professional help if needed.”
    https://yourmentalhealthpal.com/what-mental-illness-makes-you-talk-to-yourself/

1. I’d argue that the very diagnosis of bipolar disorder is pretty good sign that the person is on another level. This varies, of course, but most of the bipolar people I’ve conversed with had some version of hyperactive information processing and the only thing that made them seem dysfunctional was how they skipped to the point without acknowledging or explaining that they understood the other factors.

11. What an excellent article! I had always felt self-conscious about talking to myself, but your writing has helped me understand that it’s a normal and even beneficial behavior. For anyone interested in discovering more emotional regulation activities, I highly recommend checking out this article: https://medvidi.com/blog/how-to-control-your-emotions-emotional-regulation-activities-part-2. It taught me about the power of positive self-talk to change thoughts and feelings about situations.

12. I have full scale conversations, debates and arguments with myself all the time, even walking my dog I cover my mouth if I really have to continue what I’ve been saying. I have a need to hear my thoughts.

13. I talk to myself all the time and I thought it was a sign of mental illness. I never thought that this could be a good thing. Thank you and the Ariamag consulting site for guiding me.

14. Wow, I found the study with the low and totally random sample size and the topic of it totally related to the question totally convincing.

Maybe simply reading the instructions out loud helps….

15. Ah, Amirdrassil, a beacon of mystique and wonder in World of Warcraft lore! Its towering presence beckons adventurers with promises of ancient secrets and untold treasures. From the haunting whispers of guardian spirits to the depths of its labyrinthine roots, each step through Amirdrassil’s verdant depths is an odyssey waiting to unfold. For those daring enough to venture forth, https://worldofboost.net/wow/raids/amirdrassil stands as a gateway to legendary challenges and unforgettable triumphs in the mystical realm of Azeroth.

16. Ah, Amirdrassil, the legendary bastion of Night Elf lore in World of Warcraft! Its towering presence whispers tales of ancient magic and untold mysteries. From the depths of its enchanted forests to the heights of its majestic canopy, adventurers are drawn to its allure. For those brave enough to delve into its depths, https://worldofboost.net/wow/raids/amirdrassil stands ready to offer expert assistance, ensuring a thrilling and unforgettable journey through the heart of this fabled realm.

17. I cannot recommend Darchiteriors enough! Their team of interior designers in Noida are incredibly talented and have transformed my home into a beautiful and functional space. They listened to all of my ideas and preferences, while also offering their own creative suggestions. The end result exceeded my expectations and I am so grateful for their expertise and attention to detail. Thank you Darchiteriors for making my dream home a reality

18. I recently hired Darchiteriors to revamp my living space and I have been blown away by the results. Not only did they understand my vision perfectly, but their attention to detail and creative ideas truly elevated the design. The entire process was smooth and stress-free, thanks to their professionalism and expertise. I highly recommend INterior designer to anyone looking for top-notch interior design services