Another RCL Post

While doing research for a group project in another class, I was scouring the internet for advertisements done by some of the biggest companies in America. Whenever I think of an American based company that is extremely successful with unique and and intriguing advertising, I think of Apple. While they have produced commercials that appeal so a variety of different people and used many different techniques to do so, one commercial really stuck out to me.

With the release of the iPhone 4, came the new concept of FaceTime. This advertisement focuses on a commonplace in America, which that technology can solve social problems. We constantly text and update our statuses, so of course we are going to believe that this new technology will help bridge a distance gap.

This commercial also has a strong emotional appeal to it, because this is showing they it has more use than just a teenager using it. It shows how it can be used to bring families closer together, even when they are far away. The use of the baby of course pulls on your heart strings and because the grandfather is getting to see his granddaughter for the first time with the use of this amazing new technology.

Apple does not need to prove any credibility in this commercial because it is already a well trusted company that is know to produce high-quality products to consumers. They felt no need to include how fast this new phone is or how highly desirable it is, everyone already knows that. Instead they focus on how it can make parts of your life better that aren’t stereotypical of a cell-phone company. This is a very unique approach that I believe is very successful because it is so different and unexpected. Instead of the stereotypical commercial putting emphasis how clear the image of the screen is, you are more focused on how it will change your life.