Martha’s Vineyard, MA

The next town on Cape Cod isn’t actually “on the Cape” because it is an island right off the Cape. However, because of its proximity and close relationship to the Cape it is almost always included. Martha’s Vineyard is a HUGE tourist attraction during the summer and is an amazing place year round. However, during the winter people who live there can feel a sense of isolation since you have to take a ferry to the mainland every time you need to “travel”.

Image result for marthas vineyard map

Places to Visit

One place in particular that I have visited almost every year is Jaw’s Bridge. Yes, it is called Jaw’s Bridge because it is the sight of the shark attack that happened in the actual Jaw’s movie where the entire movie was filmed. During high tide, and even when it’s a little shallow, kids are always found at the bridge jumping into the water. As people jump off, cars are always honking, people are cheering, and this goes on for the entire day. While there is a public beach right next to the bridge, it is not always the most relaxing place since it is so busy. However, if you are adventurous then this is the place for you. The bridge is pretty high up and is perfect for flips and all the cool tricks people want to try out in the water.

Image result for jaws bridge martha's vineyard

Because Martha’s Vineyard is so popular for its nice beaches, I am also going to give everyone a nice beach to go to. South Beach is a very popular because because of how big it is and its cool environment. It has large waves, nice dunes, and people are allowed to drive out with their cars which is always a fun experience. South Beach does cost money if you don’t have a sticker but for a few day trips I think it would definitely be a good idea.

Image result for marthas vineyard south beach

Places to Eat

One great restaurant is called Sharky’s Cantina. I love this restaurant because it is so close to downtown Edgartown and has great Mexican food. It doesn’t really look out into the water but the atmosphere of the restaurant is really interesting and the food is very flavorful.

Image result for sharky's restaurant martha's vineyard

Lastly, a secret place I discovered recently is called Backdoor donuts. One night when I was out late with my friends, like 1 or 2 AM, we didn’t expect any food to be open but a small place was serving crazy looking donuts and there was a huge line! So we waited and the menu was awesome and there were only a few people making these donuts in a small kitchen. I am not sure why they are open so late but they are very good so I recommend trying them!

Image result for back door donuts mv

.