Chatham, MA

This week we will be discovering Chatham, MA! Chatham is the furthest town down Cape we have talked about and we will continue to head in this direction as the weeks go on. Chatham is a very busy and tourist heavy town because almost the entire town is on the water and is extremely beautiful. There are great beaches, golf courses and also very large houses. This tends to be the town where many wealthy people live!

Image result for chatham ma

Places to Visit

The Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge is an amazing part of Chatham because they are the small chain of islands right below the mainland on the right side. While they can be a little difficult to get to, have to go by boat, the islands are amazing, have great beaches, and of course are full of a variety of animals. Many birds live here but you can also find seals and many different types of fish. Hopefully no sharks! There are trails to walk on and there is also a visitors center so you won’t feel lost but you can also walk down the beach and feel very secluded (in a good way).

Image result for monomoy national wildlife refuge

The second place I would recommend going is the Chatham lighthouse. Yes, I already recommended a lighthouse earlier on in my passion blog and yes there are more things to do on the Cape then go to the beach and visit lighthouses, I still think this is a great place to visit if you have never been to the Cape. These lighthouses are so historic and are still functioning so it is so cool to see them in action. Of course I would also recommend to visit Main Street and the small shops downtown as well.

Places to Eat

The first place I think is a great restaurant is a little expensive (but what isn’t) and is right on the water. It is also a luxury resort which makes it so elegant and popular. The Chatham Bars Inn has a few restaurants inside but all have similar menus and all have great food. If you are staying here or looking for a nice night out this is definitely a place to go.

Image result for beach house chatham bars inn

The Del Mar Bar and Bistro is another great place to go for their thin crust pizza, seafood and drinks. This place also has a cool atmosphere and is a little expensive as well but it is tough to find a cheap restaurant in this town. This place always seems to be lively and has live music. The pizza is very good and has a variety of kinds including fig and prosciutto as well as maple glazed    duck. Fancy.