ENFORCERRRRRR!!!!!!

Sweden. A beautiful land filed with beautiful landscapes, gorgeous women, one of the greatest music scenes on the planet. Deep in the city of Arvika, on one of the most breathtaking fjords in Sweden, resides an incredible band that is bringing back classic metal!

The very first track that I heard from the Swedish horde, Enforcer, was Midnight Vice. The speed, energy and melody of the song instantly captured my attention, and reminded me of old school heavy metal in the form of works such as Iron Maiden’s earlier material. After the successful debut full length album, Into the Night, it would have been hard for Enforcer to come up with even better music, yet with Diamonds, their sophomore album, the band has managed to prove cynics wrong, with the album containing some of the strongest songs that the band has written so far. They’ve recently released their 3rd album, but I have yet to check it out.

Olaf Wikstrand comes out with a vengeance on vocals, as well as lending a helping hand in the guitar department. The man can wail, on both axe and mic. Joseph Tholl is on guitar duties, and he and Wikstrand go for broke on every song. Every riff and solo I hear is earth-shatteringly awesome. Tobias Lindqvist does WORK on bass. He’s really freakin’ good I gotta say; the bass always mixed well, and he manages to give Tholl a run for his money when he performed bass duties swimmingly himself back on “Into The Night”. Jonas Wikstrand’s is a great player behind the kit. Totally rocks.

Honestly, what do you guys think about this revival of 80s styled music? Is there really anywhere music can go? Or have we reached the extent of it? Again, what do you guys think of this 80s throwback stuff? Do you dig it as much as I do? Or am I just lame?! Throw me your answers down in the comments?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to ENFORCERRRRRR!!!!!!

1. Marisa Howley says:

This is going to sound odd, but I think that they 80’s throwback stuff is kind of refreshing. You watch the music videos and they look like they were filmed in the 80’s, but they weren’t. I think their sound is cool because its different than the other kinds of music being released today. I don’t think it’s something I’ll listen to on my free time, but I think it’s cool that it is being brought back.