Excited Evan’s Expedition to Shanghai

By Evan Weiss, MBA Class of 2010

Summer Series – eChinaChem

Ni hao! Greetings from Shanghai, China. I am fairly sure I win the “where would you rather be” award, or at least tie with Jon and Hector (classmates who are in Shanghai with me!) I work for eChinaChem, a 100 person company that focuses on end to end solutions in assisting global companies buy chemicals from Chinese manufacturers. We also have a second product, eChinaBio, which is a little less developed and needs some serious work. Our CEO, who happens to me my boss, has put me in charge of the project. The project turned out to be creating the eChinaBio strategy, and making changes to both our services and products. One year at Smeal certainly teaches you a lot, as I feel like I really do have a grasp on the business as a whole. Still, it’s quite the endeavor being able to mold products and services over a summer.

Other than working hard, we are really getting to explore the city. We have met some really awesome people here who will be friends for life, and I think all three of us will certainly explore the option of coming back here after graduation (so if you have connections, hook me up!). Zai jian,