Apple’s Less Marketed Headphones: Beats

Hello and welcome back to another installment of Talking Tech with Nolan. Last week I wrote about the new Airpods 3. Today I have another pair of truly wireless to review: the Beats Fit Pros.

Beats Fit Pros

Beats Fit Pro - Noise Cancelling Wireless Earbuds - Beats

Credit: Beats

Apple Owns Beats?

Despite sounding like they come from different companies, Apple actually owns Beats. Therefore, Beats headphones have all the same ease of functionality and connectivity of Apple Airpods. They have the same ability to automatically connect to your Apple device when you put them in your ear, to switch seamlessly between your iPhone, Mac, and iPad, and to be easily pocketable when you don’t want to use them.

I know this is a little bit perplexing since Apple markets Airpods as being a device that is one of a kind, yet they make Beats headphones to have the same functionality. That being said, today I will break down what differentiates the Beats and the Airpods to help you figure out what might be best for you!

Color Options of Beats Fit Pros

Beats announces Fit Pro earbuds with wing tip design and $200 price - The  Verge

Credit: The Verge

Beats Fit Pro

The Beats Fit Pro come in a small form factor with rubber ear tips and wing tips to keep them stable in your ears. For people who have trouble keeping the one-size-fits-all Airpods in their ears, these features could be a selling point. Especially for those who work out, fitting snuggly and securely in one’s ear is paramount. Now the normal Airpods sit fine in my ears for workouts, so I advise you to maybe try Airpods before you go straight to Beats. Early reports from reviews say the wingtips can cause a little discomfort before you get used to them, but they do hold securely in your ear to the point that the break in period is well worth it. There is no wiggle from these ear buds when they are in your ears.

Contrary to Airpods, Beats Fit Pros comes with a dedicated Beats app for Android devices. This app allows for nearly all the same ease of functionality that makes them special for Apple devices available for Android users. Personally, that is my biggest gripe with my Airpods. They don’t connect great to my computer or really any device that isn’t Apple. The volume controls get all wonky and the sound get obviously less clear. Having Beats with all the benefits of Apple devices plus getting better connectivity with other devices is certainly welcome.

Airpods Pros vs. Beats Fit Pros

Beats Fit Pro v/s AirPods Pro: Which one is better? | NewsBytes

Credit: NewsBytes

As for the battery life of these ear buds, they have 6 hours of playback on a single charge and 27 hours of listening before you will have to plug in the case. These are better reported battery numbers than the more expensive Airpods Pro! Speaking of the Airpods Pro, the Beats Fit Pros have noise cancelling and transparency mode for a cheaper $200. With the Airpods Pros coming in at $249 and the Airpods 3 coming in at $179 but without noise cancelling, these Beats earbuds are an alternative to the Airpods Pros for someone who wants noise cancelling for $50 cheaper.

Takeaways

Overall, these are an excellent pair of earbuds that have great functionality and fit a niche market of users. If you are someone who wants a good pair of Apple noise cancelling headphones or if you are an Airpod user who struggles to keep Airpods in your ear, these are for you! Otherwise, I would suggest getting the popular Apple Airpods.

That’s all for today! I hope you enjoyed today’s topic on Talking Tech With Nolan! Let me know down in the comments if you knew Beats had the same features as Airpods or if you have ever had a pair of Beats headphones. See you next week!

4 Comments

1. I had never known that Beats was owned by Apple, so it was interesting to learn about that. I think if I were to choose the two I would go with the Airpods because of the comfort factor. I really enjoyed your analysis.

Reply

2. I had no idea that Apple owns Beats. That’s crazy. If I wasn’t such an AirPods stan, I would definitely try these earbuds out. They seem very versatile and for a great price.

Reply

3. That’s interesting and considering that many people don’t know Apple owns Beats helps Apple build some fake competition. Personally, I would choose the airpods 3 over the other two you listed because noise cancelling isn’t very important to me and I like the cleaner look.

Reply

4. Elizabeth Chinlund November 7, 2021 at 5:47 pm

My family and I used to buy Beats headphones all the time, until the AirPods came out. I think they are still very good headphones just not as stylish or modern as the AirPods, which makes them more popular.

Reply