Dear Women Who Think They Don’t Need Feminism

Hi there. I just have one question for you: what exactly do you think feminism is that you consider it something you “don’t need” as if it is a second piece of cake? How can you post a picture like this:

Without first looking up the definition and values of feminism?

Dear Woman Who Thinks She Doesn’t Need Feminism,
Just because you aren’t a victim doesn’t prevent other women from being victims. There are women in this world who have been raped, abused, and hurt in ways that you probably can’t even imagine and are lucky to not be able to. Approximately 1 out of 6 women has been a victim of attempted or completed rape. When you say stuff like this in defense of your argument, it makes me realize that you are a selfish person that doesn’t care about the struggles of other women.

Dear Woman Who Doesn’t Need Feminism,
Do you know the the difference between a compliment and catcalling? To be honest with you, this was a concept I struggled with for a long time because I was taught that a compliment is a compliment no matter how small and I should say thank you. Please let me start by telling you that a catcall is not a compliment. A compliment is a well-thought out, sweet comment on your general “you”, whether it be your physical or mental attributes. A compliment is meant to make you feel good about yourself. A catcall is someone trying to make you uncomfortable by treating you as an object. “Compliments are about the person they’re being given to, while catcalls are about the person giving them.” If you like people being nice to you, great! Who doesn’t? What we are talking about is catcalling, not complementing.

Dear Woman Who Doesn’t Need Feminism:
I know I already addressed another woman with the same concerns as you, but it upsets me so much I just had to do another. Reading things like this are why I sometimes regret choosing to write about feminism on this blog. It will literally take a max of 10 seconds to type in “feminism” into google and get a definition. No one wants a matriarchy. We want equality. That’s it. We want to be equal to men. We want men and women to be equal to each other. We ant equality between men and women. I can’t think of any other ways to say it. That’s literally the end of the conversation. Anyone you meet that says otherwise is a misandrist.

Dear Women Who Are Against Feminism,

Please take care of yourself. Also, please look up the definition of feminism.