Almost Human

I have decided to change my blog topic this semester because the fantasy football season has ended. I know you are all devastated, but it had to be done. Don’t worry, though. My new topic is one that will be sure to please. It has the ability to transport you to entirely new worlds full of mystery and excitement. It has the ability to open your mind up to novel and interesting ideas that can alter your entire outlook on life. It even has the ability to make a tough school day much more tolerable. My topic is television shows.

I realize that there are many blogs out there that focus on one specific TV show and provide commentary for each new episode. However, mine will be a little bit different. I am an avid TV watcher who watches so many shows that it is hard to keep track (unfortunately I can’t have DVR in college). Therefore, I have decided to blog about a new show each week and provide my opinions about that show. By doing so, I hope to introduce you to at least one new television program that can make your day better when it’s on. All I ask is that you keep an open mind and do not immediately discredit a show of mine because of what you have heard about it before.

Note: All of the shows I present will be currently running on one of the basic channels (Fox, ABC, CBS, etc.) so that everybody can watch them even without cable. The shows are also online on these channels’ websites.

The first show that I will be introducing is a new show that I find to be quite interesting. Even though it is in its first season and is not guaranteed to be picked up for a second season, I believe that it is promising. The show is Almost Human on Fox, and it airs Mondays at 8:00 pm.

Almost Human is a police procedural with one major twist. The show takes place in the future where technology has advanced so much that law enforcement can’t keep up with it. As a way to combat the criminals who abuse this technology, the police force has developed androids that serve as partners to police officers. One of the main characters, John Kennex, has been issued an android named Dorian that was designed to behave like a human by having genuine emotions. The show focuses on the interaction between these two characters and how they work to solve crimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV2ojHR40TQ

In my opinion, there are two aspects of the show that make it so fun to watch. The first is the creative technology that is presented in the show. The writers do a good job of including some fascinating technology that the characters have to deal with, such as bullets equipped with GPS that can track targets. The other is the excellent chemistry Karl Urban (Kennex) and Michael Ealy (Dorian). The interactions between these two are so entertaining and engaging that they alone makes the show worth watching.

Almost Human is a sci-fi drama that will be sure to entertain even if it may seem unrealistic at times.

Find full episodes here:

http://www.fox.com/almost-human/full-episodes

Rating: 8/10

2 thoughts on “Almost Human

1. Awesome idea! Will you do multiple posts on one show as the season progresses to keep up with how the story goes or find new shows each post? Also is it going to be only the sci-fi type of genres or more broad. I really like how this post gives a broad overview of the show that way I can understand it more and see if I am interested in the show before spending hours watching a season.

2. The show sounds pretty awesome! I love crime scene shows, but this one sounds like one of the best. The fact that it uses technology into the future would keep my attention. I now have to watch an episode. I liked how you mentioned the important details, and I can’t wait to read about some more of your favorite tv shows.